Lacto
Take-out
Middle Eastern
Israeli
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean food restaurant with various veggie dishes like roasted whole aubergine with tahini and pomegranate, roasted whole cauliflower, salads plus falafel and pita and malabi (coconut and rose water dessert). Open Wed-Sat 12:30-21:30, Sun 12:30-20:30.

Venue map for Shouk
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Cnagyro

SoldeCarranza

Points +26

29 Dec 2023

Tasty and healthy

They have more vegan options than not, and it's refreshing to go somewhere that isn't fast food. Everything is delicious, the place is super cute and the service is very nice!

Laserati

Points +197

08 Oct 2023

Amazing middle-eastern food!

Amazing! Nothing more to say. Every single thing we tasted was absolutely delicious. They have lots of vegetarian and vegan options. And I have to emphasize the sourdough pitas.
Booking in advance is recommended.

Pros: Lots of vegetarian/vegan options, Tasty

MatiasMuñoz

Points +265

23 Jul 2023

Comida nivel superior

Le daría todas las estrellas del mundo. Es cierto, no es todo vegano, pero hay muchas opciones. He comido las tapas y estaban demasiado buenas. El pita, falafel y hummus eran de un nivel superior. Volvería mil veces.

Pros: Calidad de comida, Muy rápido , Muchas opciones

Alex.S

Points +294

24 Jun 2023

Cozy dinner spot

Place has a lovely cozy vibe. Staff is very friendly and there are plenty of vegan options and their cocktails are lively too. I tried the cabbage which was simply delicious. If you're not a big fan of coriander you may wanna check with he staff first since it's in a lot of dishes. Their patio is a great place for Al fresco dining.

tigre369

Points +200

11 Jun 2023

Great food, poor service

So many vegan options, clearly marked. I got the smoked eggplant, which I wouldn’t usually, and it was delicious. The service was awful though. Waited 15 mins to even be given a menu.

EmilianoFiani

Points +987

21 May 2023

4 stars but sound like 5 !!!

Unfortunately I Can’t add 5 start because is not fully vegan restaurant but it should have the full starts, not only for the good food but even for the cozy location with nice vibes.

The food is Mediterranean style and the ingredients are very fresh, lots of vegan tasty options, for sure is a must try place in Dublin. I loved all the food, but the winner was the, cabbage pitta loved the combo.

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-21

Pros: Fresh ingredients , Good wine , Cozy location

SíofraCollins

Points +20

13 May 2023

Best place in Dublin for vegans !

So many options, delicious food. Highly recommend the cabbage pita for lunch on the go or to share the mezze platter if sitting in!! Serves meat so it's a good place to go with non-vegan friends. Often go with my family and they are happy to eat vegan because all the good is so good!

Pros: Many vegan options , Delicious, Fresh ingredients

burnsria

Points +1003

30 Dec 2022

5 STARS!!!

Happy cow won't let me rate this 5 stars because it's a non-veg restaurant but it deserves it. They had many options for vegans and the staff were very kind and knowledgeable. But most importantly, the food was AMAZING! It was one of the best meals I have had in YEARS. The hummus was so smooth and creamy which complemented the pita, which i believe they make in house. I got the cabbage pita as my main and it was lovely, the cabbage had a bit of char which cut through the richness of the tahini sauce. I can not recommend this place enough.

Pros: great food, wonderful staff, good drinks

Cons: very busy and loud

cristinaartusa

Points +20

20 Dec 2022

Best hummus in Dublin

Mezze plates are perfect to share and there's plenty of vegan options, they have vegan pitas with falafel or cauliflower and their hummus is just delicious

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Affordable , Cozy location

yannick__ka

Points +1188

30 Oct 2022

Cozy place

The location of the restaurant is really cool and a nice place with friendly staff. We ate here a vegan plate and the cauliflower. Everything was tasty but the dishes contained to much coriander.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, fair prices

Cons: please label dishes with coriander

yogi_b

Points +22

07 Oct 2022

Good vegan options

Unlike many places, I found vegan options made from fresh ingredients. The food was too salty in my opinion but that's only because I don't use salt in my cooking.

Pros: Good vegan options, Gluten free options

Cons: Restroom is outside of the restaurant

jacksalt

Points +255

05 Aug 2022

delicious food on a cute patio!

highly recommend - lots of options for all dietary restrictions. patio is spacious, staff was super friendly and food was delish! we got in without making a reservation because we came at a weird time (turns out skipping lunch means dinner is at 5pm!) but it would be worth booking a table in advance!

Pros: something for everyone , beautiful patio , tasty as hell!

Cons: have to book in advance

mfaller

Points +156

05 Aug 2022

Delicious

Would give it 5/5 if possible. We will definitely go there again.

Jonka

Points +746

09 May 2022

Delicious food and a great space

Everything I tried was excellent, lots of vegan dishes, staff are happy to veganise other dishes and are knowledgeable about vegan food (e.g. no honey). The glass extension and courtyard are amazing on a sunny day. Excellent service, nice music, great atmosphere overall.

RoisinPerry

Points +54

16 Apr 2022

Would give 5 stars if I could

Loads of vegan options, really cute decor and good music :)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Really tasty food, Healthy options

Viola_Playhouse

Points +33

15 Mar 2022

A personal favourite

Wonderful atmosphere and a great variety of vegetarian dishes, you're missing out if you dont try this place!

ThomasVegano

Points +2276

02 Feb 2022

Explosion of taste

My second time to Shouk and I can say this is a great spot to go to when out for dinner with non vegans! Great to get them to try vegan food as everything vegan is so tasty and well presented.

The venue is quite nice and this is definitely a good spot for a big spread with lots of vegan options.

Staff is very knowledgeable of what’s vegan on the menu and can also accommodate!

PaulaMariana

Points +18

29 Jan 2022

Excellent food

Great vegan options. I had the cawliflower pita. It was delicious!!!!!! Ny kid had the falafel, also excellent. Going back for sure!

JosephK

Points +32

13 Jan 2022

Best Middle Eastern in Dublin

Best middle eastern food that I've had in Dublin. I won't give it five stars just because it's not fully vegan but most of the menu is. Would highly recommend getting the vegan mezze to share if you're with a group.

bzwaan

Points +3469

09 Dec 2021

So delicious 😋

We had the large vegan platter to share and the food was so amazing. The best hummus I’ve ever had! The atmosphere is also really cozy!

Spicycauliflower182

Points +2585

18 Nov 2021

Amazing little dishes

Absolutely love the food from here. The vegetarian (or vegan) platter for two is delicious and there's plenty of food.

Pros: Super tasty, Many vegan options

Cons: A bit pricey, Not located in the city centre

michaelnoonan

Points +36

09 Aug 2021

Amazing food

The food in shouk was so good and flavourful. I got the cauliflower and the flavours were among the best I’ve tasted in Dublin. Will definitely be going again as there’s so many vegan options to try

T00MEY

Points +72

22 Aug 2020

Delicious

Didn’t sit in, got take away. I had the falafel pita and it was gorgeous! So many delicious flavours, really enjoyed it.

ZoRah

Points +91

05 Feb 2020

Delicious!

Delicious all around. Great mix of middle eastern cuisines and lots of vegan options. Staff were very attentive and relaxed. We had the roast cauliflower dish and warm salad of the day, which were both absolutely delicious (and very filling for two). The falafel sandwich is also yummy. Really highly recommended, but make sure you book as they fill up very quickly.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great atmosphere, Lovely staff

Cons: Books up quite quickly

CiaraDublin

Points +32

11 Oct 2019

BEST FALAFEL OF MY LIFE

The food here is incredible! The best falafel I have ever had, and they have loads of options for vegans. Its BYOB which is nice too.

Schnauzersmom

Points +46

13 Jul 2019

Nice casual restaurant

I have been here a few times with vegan and non-vegan family & friends and everyone has come away happy. I usually have the vegan mezza platter - delicious. The place is casual, staff are friendly & the food is good. Rooms are small and cozy (though the covered in ‚outdoor space‘ can be cold, especially in winter). A nice neighborhood restaurant.

Pros: Good vegan options , Friendly staff

AlysiaCatalfamo

Points +27

16 Sep 2018

So good

Had an amazing meal here the other night. The whole roasted cauliflower was fantastic and the mezze platter was also very good. Had the vegan dessert option too. Prices are very reasonable, just wish I lived in Ireland so I could go again =)

Pros: tons of vegan options, good prices, nice vibe