Sevananda Natural Foods Co-op

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 404-681-2831

467 Moreland Ave (at near downtown), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30316

Large consumer-owned cooperative since 1974. Stocks fresh, local and organic produce, natural food, vitamins, supplements, bulk herbs and spices, earth-friendly household and pet products, and freshly prepared foods including baked goods, soups, sandwiches, main entrees, and salads.

First Review by rawbeginner

my neighborhood grocery - Edit

How convenient that this veg grocery is the closest store to me! Good produce, great bulk section, and if I want something NOW, they carry R. Thomas products. Love this store!

Pros: carry lots of local produce, excellent personal care section, friendly staff

Vegetarian Co-op is great - Edit

Sevananda is a wonderful neighborhood co-op in Little Five Points. They have a wide variety of fresh organic produce, all vegetarian selection of groceries, bulk foods, and natural health products. You can easily get a great lunch from the salad bar, hot bar, or deli case and it's really affordable. Usually everything is vegan, or otherwise clearly marked. They have vegan sushi, vegan deserts, a juice bar, vegan soup-- Sevananda has it all!

Pros: price, variety, vegan

BEWARE- GMO tofu! - Edit

I like Sevananda, I do. But I think that--for all of their 'organic' focus-- they should at least serve organic tofu on their hot bar/meals to go. The display information did not mention this, so I asked the employee behind the counter. He confirmed that it was NOT organic tofu. This is ridiculous. Even Whole Foods' hot bar has organic tofu (also doesn't say- I had to ask the buyer, who did confirm that they buy organic tofu...but at least theirs is non-gmo!). Patrons should be aware of this.

Pros: nice employees

Cons: GMO products

Sevenanda & Little 5 - Edit

My favorite grocery store/co-op in Atlanta. Its got a wide range of groceries and has a lot of vegan meal ready to go and a microwave with some chair to eat at. Its situation in Little 5 points - a very cool liberal artsty neighborhood with a lot to do. Usaully stop by Sevenanda for a snack when I'm around there.

Pros: Location , Vegan foods, co-op

Amazing Sandwiches - Edit

I have shopped at this store many times and never thought to try their vegan sandwiches. A friend intruduced them to me and I'm hooked. I tried their vegan tuna style, and also the fake bacon style sandwiches. My favorite is the fake bacon. I have never eaten pork, but love the smoke taste, that rare in my vegetaian diet. I do wish they could use better names because I am hesitant to eat foods with meat names... maybe fakon instead of bacon.

Contributions +18

Nice place with great employees - Edit

They offer a bunch of vegan foods. Last time I was there they didn't sell any meats, but I have been told that's changed. They have a cold and hot bar, both offer amazing food! They keep the store clean, and prices are pretty good.

Pros: good amount of vegan food, nice workers, good prices

Cons: they run out of the pre-cooked foods

great and keeps getting better! - Edit

great store, helpful and dedicated staff...best place to find fresh local organic produce in ATL!! keeps getting better...

Pros: fresh local organic produce, coop, dedicated staff

Cons: getting out of parking lot

Best Grocer around! - Edit

I live and work in Little 5 points, so I walk to sevananda almost every day for lunch. The store is great! I love the employees who are very warm and friendly, and their selection is amazing! Their homemade meals, sides and desserts in the back of the store is my favorite spot! They make fresh meals daily, and on saturdays they have a vegan/vegetarian hot bar that includes tofu scramble, hashbrowns, gravy, soysauge patties and biscuits(all vegan), and quiche(vegetarian). The entire store is vegetarian and you won't ever find meat here. Their best meals are seiten stroganoff, bbq riblets, shepherds pie, jambalayah, and neatloaf. The desserts that I snatch up whenever I can are peanut butter bar, lemon bar, chocolate chip cherry almond creme cookies, cheesecake, and strawberry chocolate puddin parfait(all vegan). The have great quick sandwiches too (BLT, tofu salad, chicken salad).
You should visit every time you are in the area!

Pros: great selection, yummy meals, friendly staff

Cons: small parking lot, no hot bar on sunday, can be pricey at times

A Healthy Place to Start! - Edit

I love Sevananda! I've shopped there for about 3 yrs for health & beauty items. I'm now beginning a raw lifestyle, and this is my source for everything, from organic produce to literature. The staff is very friendly & helpful. The hot bar & desserts are great! Worth a trip on any day!

Pros: Great hours, Clean, They accept EBT

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sevananda Natural Foods Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2778 times since Aug 2007.