American
Take-out
Asian
Fusion
Breakfast

Vegan restaurant featuring plant-based foods in a whimsical, garden-inspired setting in a shopping mall. The diverse menu offers different kinds of burgers and other choices tacos, quesadillas, Asian-style rice and noodle dishes. Serves smoothies and sweets like bubble waffles, apple pie and ice cream. Est. since 2017. Open Wed-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm. Closed Mon.

Venue map for Seed Shack
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by EricSens

veganann

Points +24

12 Aug 2023

Vegan Ann

Positively delicious and very gracious staff. Not upscale but very clean! I would be thrilled to eat three three times a day every day of the month.

Pros: Mac and cheese, Tacos, All delish; talented chef!

Cons: Too far from my house., Rather poor location on the backside of a building, Need to open more locations to share this wonderfu

BradDaumke

Points +30

30 Jun 2023

Great food, nice dine in option, staff is great

I eat here twice a week. The food is always great. Buffalo chic Sandwich is my current fav. The tacos are excellent too.

Pros: Great food, Nice dining room, Great staff

Cons: Not closer to my house. lol , Not closer to my house. lol , Not closer to my house. lol

zoomforhope

Points +355

24 Jun 2023

Good food, bad attitudes

To start, I am understanding that great customer service is not something to expect post pandemic. Adequate/mediocre is the new norm.
When ordering, it was made clear we were not welcome. I really should have left, but this is the only vegan place on the south east side open after 8pm.
The food came out quick and tasted good. Both of us said thank you and still got no acknowledgment. The music from the kitchen was so loud it mixed with front of the house music which made it hard to have a conversation. We ate and left as fast as possible.
I’ll try to come back for lunch sometime, hopefully this was a one off and I can update this review to something positive.

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-24

SharonHolt

Points +129

22 May 2023

Solid Choice

This is an all vegan restaurant with some healthy options! The food I’ve ordered has been good. I like the side salad option with the burgers, and how there are different types of burgers to choose from.

Be aware the nachos are VERY spicy. I normally like spicy but struggled with these.

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-10

Pros: Easy ordering and pick up process, Healthier than many local vegan restaurants, Options for side dishes

LiveWellIdyllwild

Points +934

30 Apr 2023

Look behind-Hidden Gem

Seed shack has been in business for 5 years. Tucked in the back of a large outdoor strip mall that is having a challenge keeping tenants. Looks totally deserted, so keep your eyes out for the restaurant on the back side of complex. We ordered the cauliflower chickpea tacos, three tacos, and barbecue Buffalo chicken sandwich, which came with a side. We got seaweed salad. Excellent!

Decor was really pleasant with jazz music piped in. Unfortunately the kitchen staff was playing their own music which could be heard. Seaweed salad came in nice plastic container with lid that could’ve been avoided for trash purposes for those eating in.

Pros: Seaweed salad - yum!, Just as advertised , Clean/nice decor

Cons: Kitchen staff music , Plastic container wasteful

ahome4achild

Points +72

03 Apr 2023

Great vegan food

A solid all-vegan place. Looks clean and nice. Food is very good and not oily or greasy.

Pros: All vegan, Delicious food, Clean

AlixAmu

Points +357

Fruitarian
25 Mar 2023

Great spot in Gilbert

Had the bbq jackfruit pita. Taste amazing & love that they didn’t use processed vegan meat on this item! Definitely makes for a healthier choice.

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-25

Pros: All vegan , They don’t use processed vegan Meat

Cons: Only one location

Blessthebeasts

Points +20

20 Feb 2023

Deelish!

Delish! Wish I lived closer, I'd be there at least every week. It's worth it to make the drive once a month. The BLTA with tofu scramble is yummy with lots of kale. We also have had the cauliflower chickpea tacos, the black bean burgers and vegan caesar salad. All top notch and as others have noted, the sweet potato fries are always tasty.
This is a truly vegan establishment and they are really in it for the animals. They hosted a fundraiser for local sanctuaries recently and 100 percent if the sales were donated.🥰

Pros: Excellent food, Reasonable prices, Great service

Cons: It's kind of far from my house., I wish they had a liquor license.

JanCawthorne

Points +105

20 Jan 2023

Delicious lunch

Seed Shack never disappoints! We stopped for lunch today and enjoyed Pineapple Peanut Tofu, Spring Rolls, and an amazing Sweet Potato Bowl, full of fresh fruit. Seed Shack is our favorite all vegan restaurant!

yogiannalpc

Points +351

08 Jan 2023

Super Yummy All Vegan and FUN 🤩

Everything was so yummy that we went for lunch, liked it so much that we got take out to have for dinner. There were too many good options to eat in one go! We got the beet burgers, and the nachos, tacos and rainbow vermicelli. We can’t wait to eat there again! #Veganuary

Pros: Diverse menu, house made veggie burgers , nachos. that is all.

Kate5

Points +255

04 Jan 2023

Really good!

This place was a bit hard to find and in an odd area, but the inside was cute! I had the impossible burger with macaroni salad, and my mom had the buffalo chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. The portions are pretty big and the food was super yummy. The sweet potato fries were addicting, and the impossible burger was super tasty. The right amount of salt and sauce, and I had leftovers. Overall great food and lots of tasty vegan options!

Pros: All vegan , Nice staff

30yearsvegan

Points +53

01 Jan 2023

Tasty!

I get the Beyond burger and it’s delicious with all of its sauces (messy, worth it) and more than enough salty fries and I love my fries so that’s saying a lot. Kids nuggets are sweet and not at all chicken-y or crispy - more like tofu cubes with seasoning, so just know that going in - my son wasn’t a fan, although I thought they were decent for sweet-ish tofu cubes. Hot sauce option has preservatives - stinks when there are several much better options & would like to think vegan restaurants care about that kind of stuff. Last time we went (earlier this year), still no indoor seating from I assume covid-days and boxes just stacked all around. Option to sit at tables outside which usually works for AZ, but it would be nice to see it come back to in and outdoor seating for better ambience - think we’d go more. Take-out good in the mean time😄

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-01

Pros: Beyond burger is not at all basic - delicious!, All vegan

Cons: No ambiance, Unhealthy hot sauce options

RajSundar

Points +13

Vegetarian
28 Dec 2022

Great Experience!

I was a little wary (being the first time) on a beautiful Arizona afternoon (sunny:). The ambiance was modest but I am never high on that. Having outdoor seating was wonderful. The food was fresh, tasty, and met our expectations. My own Beet burger was succulent and not to mention the side fries were crispy! All Sandwiches and Burgers come with a free side of your choosing. Our group enjoyed the food and we'll go again! I'm so happy to see a fully Vegan joint in Gilbert!!!

Pros: Food, Out door Seating (great in the winter time!), Fully Vegan!

Cons: None. I wish they had more wrap options!

bbrand1959

Points +37

26 Oct 2022

Black bean Burger

The Black bean Burger was very yummy. The menu was all vegan with a good variety. The portions were nice. Certainly will come back.

Carbsdelight

Points +22

Mostly Veg
15 Oct 2022

Amazing food amazing staff

I have come here so many times and have yet to be disappointed. I love the way each menu item has a home-cooked feel to it. My go-to is the cauliflower chickpea tacos! The south west sauce and avocado combo is out of this world. A side of sweet potato fries is a must. I have also really enjoyed their Mac and cheese, and mozzarella sticks for a cheesy vegan twist on comfort food. The beet burger also has an incredible lemon tahini and comes with avocado. Can’t go wrong at this place.

Pros: Nice staff, Good value, Excellent food

Cons: Menu never changes, Gluten free buns can be soggy, N/a

skibbett

DBSunDevil

Points +82

06 Aug 2022

So good!

The jackfruit sandwich is an explosion of flavor and quite unique. So yummy! I’m glad I saved room for the banana sundae too. I can’t wait to try more off the menu!

LishMCC

Points +640

23 Jul 2022

Delicious Food!

The food is yummy! The burgers, mac and cheese, lemon tart, and drinks! Our hostess was kind. So good! Highly recommend!

Pros: 💯 vegan, Delicious , Friendly staff

pollywog6

Points +28

25 Jun 2022

Absolute favorite

Consistently great food and our go-to at least once a month. We’ve had everything on the menu but the current favorite is the breakfast sandwich and I love their spring rolls, chili, fried tofu and macaroni salad

Pros: Family owned, Friendly staff, Quick and efficient service

Cons: Sadly still not open for eat-in dining

livinvil

Points +24

21 May 2022

Amazing!

Been here a couple times. I love their truffle mac and cheese and their Thai iced tea is heavenly! They once had a special “mc muffin” that was just the best. It has a good relaxing atmosphere.

SophieRhéaume-Jalber

Points +13

Mostly Veg
30 Apr 2022

Très bon!

Tout est végan!

Pros: Très bon!

Cons: Matériel non écoresponsables

CassandraGriffin

Points +74

02 Feb 2022

Delicious

I finally tried the PBJ Impossible. It was Good!
I’m surprise I love the cucumber on it
Deijen gave Amazzing Customer Service.
It’s people like her Keep you coming back
Tip her Good when you Go!!
Chia pudding was good also #Veganuary

Pros: Great Customer Service, Delicious Food

Deijm

13 Feb 2022

I've actually just moved onto a different place of work but all the other staff will be more than happy with a nice tip too😄thank you so much btw customers like you is what makes the food industry run happy and smoothly

CassandraGriffin

13 Feb 2022

Oh! I hate I will never see you again.
Are you working in Hospitality?
You will Go far with your personality
God Bless You!

DustinSmith

Points +326

12 Jan 2022

Seed shack

Ooooh I love seed shack. The Thai tea is AMAZING and the specials are always hits. I love the variety of the menu and options for fake meat as well as healthy whole food dishes.

heathera75

Points +274

08 Jan 2022

3.5 stars. Pretty good

Well I liked the food especially the biscuit was delish. But other food was good, but not like “the best”. Prices are high and I drove a ways to get to the place. Faux meats type of place.

Pros: Egg Biscuit , all vegan :-)

Cons: prices, some food was average tasting

Jadediana

Points +2381

01 Jan 2022

Energetic Incredible Staff! Delicious Food!

Wow!!! Fantastic Mac and cheese, sides, and burgers. The staff were so amazing and walked us through the entire menu which was super sweet and helpful. I swore I just blinked and the food was in front of us. There were tables to eat at outside and it was the perfect weather to enjoy the chai lattes

savsmalls

Points +717

24 Nov 2021

amazing mac, still no dine in

i always have to get their mac when i go, it’s tooo good. but i get bacon on side, i found it weird crunching glass like shards in a mac and cheese.. lol. love that they always give you a chia pudding for free for the road, its great because it’s that sweet treat i love after a meal. the chocolate one has been my favorite, they’re not overly sweet. their caesar salad was alright, i wish they used less kale. chili fries were really good it was just a soggy mess by the time i got home. i wish they offered dine in, i would get those more often if so. rootbeer float was delicious too with soy vanilla ice cream

Cons: no dine in since beginning pandemic is ridiculous

SamanthaBeck

Points +18

12 Nov 2021

I could keep coming back!! Amazing options!

Um I can’t stop eating here I’m soooo obsessed! I will keep coming back until I’ve tried everything

Pros: Full vegan , Amazing burgers , Love their “cheese”

Cons: Is pricy , No dine in all seating in closed inside , Needs more locations!