Seasons 52

Contact 714-437-5252

3333 Bristol St Ste 2802, Costa Mesa, California, USA, 92626

Serves meat, vegan options available. More upscale chain restaurant. Offers alternative menus chioces: vegetarian, vegan, lactose-free, low sodium, gluten free, garlic free. Let your staff know.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by kiwijc

If the omnivores insist, at least there's options - Edit

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. Yes, they have a vegan menu, which is appreciated. However, there are plenty of other vegan options in the area that serve more flavorful dishes at a more convenient price. If you are going to see a show at OCPAC and your friends/family insist on a venue that is close and not 100% vegan (like the nearby Seabirds), I would suggest this place as your best option.

As for specifics, I ordered the Vegetarian Tasting off the Vegan Menu. It was decent, but not crave-worthy. I did enjoy the variation of the dish.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Healthy, Variety of Choices

Cons: Pricey, Unmemorable

Not Just A Salad - Edit

Finally a non vegan restaurant with veg options that aren't just a salad. They offer a separate vegan menu with a different variety of dishes. The veggies were a little oily, but it's ok every once in a while.

Pros: Separate vegan menu

Cons: Oily

Great to feel some respect - Edit

I picked Seasons 52 for a work team lunch recently. We are a combo of vegan (me), a couple of vegetarians, a couple of "near vegetarians", and then the usual omnivores. I found the restaurant on the Happy Cow app.

Everyone enjoyed their food. I was extremely happy that they actually have completely seperate menus for vegan/vegetarian customers, not just the usual hard-to-find asterix or two buried in the regular menu. So that meant already that there were several options to choose from - it wasn't just a matter of making do with oily grilled veggies and/or a salad.

The food was imaginative, balanced, healthy, and low in oil. I was super happy! I had the "vegan sampler" which was three of their offerings: a salad of red qunioa and barley, black bean soft taco, and "planked" baked tofu. Along with it all there was baked pumpkin, a small portobello mushroom, a head of Chinese broccoli, and braised Brussels sprouts. Totally delicious! Not drowing in oil!

The restaurant has a classy decor, low-lit, quiet. A great place for a date night, a great place to go with your meat and fish-eating friends. Everyone will be happy and well-fed. The chef attempts to limit the calories for all dishes to around 500 calories or something like that. I don't recall the exact number the server mentioned, but it's a place that focuses on quality ahead of quantity.

I'm so happy to be able to add this to my list of local options.

Pros: Dedicated vegan/vegetarian menus, Healthy whole food, low in oil, Something for everyone

Return to Costa Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Seasons 52 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.