Sawadee Thai

• Veg-friendly
Contact 305-866-8111

6968 Bay Dr E (at 71st St), Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33141

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Thai food restaurant located in the Normandy Isles area. Some dish on the menu has a tofu choice including spring rolls. Charming atmosphere. Metered parking or free on side streets.

Category: Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Julie R

Good dinner - Edit

I will start with - we had a wonderful dinner.
But - beware. Not a lot of their dishes are vegetarian. It's not as easy as substituting tofu for the meat.
Our server was knowledgeable, so we felt comfortable.
When we told her we were vegan, she said "no egg or fish sauce either, right?" When we eat Thai, we usually get a curry and a pad thai.
All of the curries have fish sauce. The pad thai has fish sauce. She pointed us to a few dishes that they could make us. We had a noodle dish and vegetable fried rice without egg. We had veggie sushi and it was so good!
We were very happy with our experience, but don't go into it thinking you'll have a lot of items to choose from.

Pros: knowledgeable and friendly staff, chili sauce

Cons: limited selection for vegetarians

Fresh & Delicious - Edit

Plenty of veg and vegan options, we loved our meals and will be returning often to this small and friendly restaurant. Easy access, easy parking, uncongested area of the beach. Delicious fresh well prepared ingredients, cozy place, no fanfare. Loved it.

Pros: Vegan Options, Well Prepared, Easy Access

DELICIOUS FOOD AND ATMOSPHERE - Edit

When you get tired of the high prices and pretentiousness of South Beach, head north to this charming Thai place right off the 79th Street Causeway.

While they do serve meat, Sawadee is very veg-friendly. Any meat item can be replaced with tofu.

I had the veggie fried rice with tofu (it had egg in it, so if you don't eat eggs, make sure to leave that out). It was delicious and the tofu was prepared perfectly.

My friend had the sweet and sour veggie dish with tofu, and it was also delicious - I loved the pineapple in this dish.

The service was fantastic and the prices are unbelievably cheap (at lunchtime). For around $7, you get a main dish, vegetarian spring rolls, and a vegetable soup - that was REALLY good; you also get white rice (brown rice is a little extra). The nighttime prices are higher; with the average dish being between $12 - $15. They are open for lunch, then close around 3:30, then open again for dinner.

Street parking is all over - as well as meters. I never found parking to be a problem. There is a metered lot to the left of the restaurant.

This is a hole in the wall. It looks very small from the outside. Once you get inside, it is filled with charm. It's very clean, and the servers aim to please.

I'd give it 5 happy cows, but they serve meat -- I guess you can't have it all!!

Pros: Delicious food, Amazing Service, Friendly Atmosphere

Cons: They serve meat :(

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sawadee Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1579 times since Feb 2012.