Satyam

  • Vegetarian Vegetarian
    ( 53 reviews )
Contact
030-31806111
Find

Goethestrasse 5, Berlin-Charlottenburg, Berlin, Germany, D-10623

Vegetarian Indian cuisine menu with some Ayurvedic dishes. Vegan options are marked with "V." Sunday is brunch buffet. No egg, no microwave oven used. Features a garden with Shiva temple and Ganesha temple. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Reviews (53)

First Review by A.Z.P.

Good and cheap - Edit

We went with friends on Sunday and all had the all-you-can-eat buffet. Almost everything was vegan. 10 Euros per person, 3.50 for kids. Great.

Pros: cheap, friendly


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

The Masala Dosa is amazing - Edit

We come here pretty much every time we visit Berlin and I always order the Masala Dosa which is amazing (though this time unfortunately the chef had left the chillies in the filling so when I took my first bite, my mouth was numb for the rest of the meal). Besides that though, from our experience the food here is great.
The staff seem a little overwhelmed but friendly nonetheless.
The lunchtime offer is really good value for money.G

Pros: Good food, Nice Place

Cons: bit chaotic


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Pure Enttäuschung - Edit

Wir waren Silvester in Berlin und haben nach einem veganen Restaurant gesucht. Da uns die indische Küche gefällt, sind wir auf das Satyam gestoßen. Anschließend bewerten wir das Restaurant nach den Kriterien Ambiente, Essen, Service und Preis/Leistung.

Ambiente:
Der Platz zwischen den Tischen war leider viel zu klein. Zum Einen musste man sich mit dem hinteren Sitznachbarn um den Platz für die Stühle fast streiten. Oder man hat versucht, einfach auf seinen Stuhl zu klettern. Zum Anderen hatten wir das Gefühl, dass unsere Sitznachbarn jedes unserer Wörter mithören konnten.
Außerdem hatte man eher das Gefühl, dass man in einem Wohnzimmer sitzen würde, in das gerade Tische gestellt wurden, um den Zweck einer Bewirtung zu erfüllen.
Die Dekoration an den Wänden war auch leider sehr lieblos aufgehängt. Zum Beispiel gab es kaum ein Bild, das gerade an der Wand hing.
Das Ambiente hat uns leider so wenig überzeugt, dass wir nach dem Essen unsere nächsten Biere in einer nahegelegenen Bar getrunken haben.

Essen:
Zu Silvester gab es ein veganes Buffet, bestehend aus einer Vorspeise, vier Hauptgängen und zwei Nachspeisen. Die Auswahl war ganz gut und typisch indisch. Die Vorspeise, bestehend aus Ingwer-Orangen-Suppe hat gut geschmeckt. Uns war die eine Hauptspeise zu scharf, während eine andere fast geschmacklos war. Der Nachtisch war wiederum ganz gut.

Service: Für uns gibt es leider nur ein Wort für den Service: Schlecht!
Die Bedienungen am Anfang waren ja ganz nett und freundlich, nur wars das auch für den Rest des Abends, was wir von Ihnen gesehen haben, bis die Rechnung kam. Die Teller wurden nicht abgeräumt, die Getränke wurden nicht aufgefüllt und generell war nicht einmal jemand bei uns am Tisch um obligatorisch zu fragen, ob alles 'in Ordnung' sei.

Preis/Leistung
Der Preis von 12,50€ ist für ein Buffet unschlagbar. Nur hat uns das Essen nicht gut genug geschmeckt, um diesen Preis rechtzufertigen.

Insgesamt war es leider ein enttäuschender Abend! Wir können natürlich nicht sagen, wie es an einem regulärem Abend á la Carte geschmeckt hätte. Das was uns dort aber geboten wurde, ist gerade so einen Stern wert! Die App gibt uns leider vor, dass wir 2 Sterne vergeben müssen!

Pros: Preis

Cons: Der Rest


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Bad Service - Edit

I will start with a positive point that food was worth all the money and tasty.
The service I received (actually no service) was bad. No one came to the table for 20 minutes, although I could see they were attending some other (may be special to them) people. Then I decided to go to the counter to order the food, it took long (25-30 min) for just a single dish to arrive. Even when I complained, they were least interested and reluctant to accept that it should not happen.
I felt highly disappointed, worst part of my Berlin Trip !!!!

Pros: Tasty food, Cheap food

Cons: Bad Service, Long waiting time, Impolite behaviour


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

South Indian dishes - Edit

Huge menue of different Indian dishes sorted by region. Many extraordinary dishes from South India and exotic fruits (e.g. jack fruit). Very spicy for good price. Not located very central.


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Best Indian food in Berlin - Edit

I love this place! The food tastes fantastic, the staff is very friendly. There are many vegan dishes and almost any vegetarian dish can be veganised. I recommend the Sambhar soup. The Sunday brunch buffet is fully vegan, sometimes one of the two offered deserts is non vegan.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-11


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Perfect Lunch - Edit

Lunch was amazing! Everything was on point.


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

tasty, spicy and healty: the sunday's buffet - Edit

A very nice selection of currys, salades, soup and bread. Mostly vegan and just a little spicy. Veggies and mango curry, lentils, tofu in a creamy sauce and potatoes with curry leaves so delicious. Chutneys. Tipically the tastes and colors of south india. Ayurvedic herbal tea. Feeling full and happy for 9,50 euros plus beverages.


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Ehhh… adequate - Edit

We visited Satyam one evening in Autumn 2015. We found it to be very average. The food, the price, the service, the range – all were okay, but not great. We had no complaints, but haven't been lusting to go back since.


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

The best indian food EVER! - Edit

I ordered vegan tofu in cream sauce, and wow!.. It was the best indian meal!
I also tried vegetables in curry, and that was also amazing. Will definitely go back!

Pros: vegan and vegetarian options

Cons: normal


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Used to be Great Sunday Buffet - Edit

Old Review: I love Satyam. Some days the food is excellent, sometimes it is just good to very good. The buffet dishes change every week, but there is always a nice selection of pickles and chutneys. Always a lot of vegan options and everything is clearly marked. The regular menu has lots of interesting looking options, but I usually only go for the buffet! Good value at €7.50. Cosy place with helpful and friendly staff.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 10, 2012
New Review: Visited again after a hiatus. Was displeased to find one of the advertised main vegan options on the buffet had been changed to a cheese dish. Also, as usual, the vegan dessert came out periodically on a small tray of tiny cups, while the veggie dessert was in a huge bowl. The vegan dessert was snatched up quickly and not replenished for a very long time, most intentionally. The daal was bland and lackluster so I was left with one ordinary dish. I regretted the visit. I don't begrudge them the 2 Euro increase, but I do mind the waiter not wanting to give me free tap water, and the toilets stinking of piss. Unacceptable. Will likely not return.

Pros: Can be good value, Usually friendly staff

Cons: Big furniture, cramped, Hospitality needs improvement, Vegans get shafted


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

great value - Edit

Compared to other Indian restaurants Satyam they are far better in value and offer dedicated vegan items on the
Menu and can veganise non-vegan meals.


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

It was okay - Edit

I went here in the early afternoon(around 2pm), so it wasn't so busy and service was quick. I love okra and order it every chance I can. The okra here was ok, though it wasn't in a tomato curry sauce as indicated, and was in a gravy type sauce with dark chickpeas, which was good, just not expected. It also was not spicy at all, but I also didn't ask before ordering. I would go back to try the thali or Sunday buffet. The menu is quite extensive. The only thing I would question is the labelling of vegan items, because I saw a paneer dish labeled as vegan. You can also choose the have organic brown rice for an extra 80 cents.

Pros: lots of choices on the menu, Sunday buffet

Cons: not very spicy


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

long wait, cold chai, good food - Edit

My husband and I went to Satyam last Friday at 8pm. The Chai I had was completely cold. We had to wait 40 minutes until we received our dinner (it was just 1 meal, nothing special). It tasted OK, but we didn't feel like visiting Satyam again after this first "hungry experience"

Pros: tasty food

Cons: long waiting time, only 1 waiter


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Outstanding - Edit

As you can see at my profile, i travel a lot and have been tasting numerous restaurants all over the world. And this one, i do definitely say that it's one of the most delicious tasting ones i've ever been to!
I was there on a sunday and due to that fact i had the buffet. All, and yes without exaggeration all of the dishes tasted amazing, absolutely yummy! There were such healthy things on the table. And i also had a medicinal herbs water from Kerala which was very tasty! Plus; super friendly staff!


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Waaah.. - Edit

I really love Indian food but it tends sometimes not to be that fresh, and a bit heavy as well. But we went to Satyam with my boyfriend who doesn't like indian food, and he was pretty amazed. The buffet (we went to the brunch on saturday) was gorgeous, there was a few things, like pickled things, that I really didn't like, but overall, what a nice experience! Currys, rice, soups, coconut Flan... I would defo recommend this place. People are nice too! I went there a second time for dinner and it was as good as the first time!

Pros: lots of vegan choices, explain well, very good and comforting food

Cons: no vegan lassi


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Great Sunday Buffet - Edit

We checked out the vegan Sunday Buffet on 10.08.14 and were absolutely satisfied! Officially it´s vegetarian and vegan-friendly, but in fact everything on this buffet was vegan exept one dessert and on joghurt-sauce. The assortment was sufficient and the food was good!

The only thing that disappointed us is that the shakes and lassis aren´t available in a vegan format.

We can´t say anything about the menu.

Pros: a lot of vegan dishes (buffet), sufficient assortment (buffet), location

Cons: no vegan shakes/lassis, stressed service


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

every sunday vegan buffet - Edit

große Auswahl, fast alles vegan oder vegane option, sehr sehr freundlicher angenehmer service und dazu noch günstig!


By submitting this post you agree to HappyCow Terms

Link to this page from your site. .
Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
Why was my review removed? - details
Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
Has Satyam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 16158 times.