First Review by Shauna503

Vegan Pecan is Not Vegan - Edit

WARNING THIS PLACE IS MISLEADING. When my boyfriend and I stopped at this place for lunch, I was very excited to try the vegan pecan French toast. I should have known it was too good to be true. The waiter disclosed that the vegan pecan was NOT vegan. I got the hell out of there without even bothering to try the tofu scramble. I could not trust a place like that.

Was thrilled to see Tofu Scramble - Edit

Was thrilled there was anywhere in Juneau to get a vegan meal. I definitely wasn't expecting it. Especially since I had logged on to HC yet.

Pros: Friendly prompt service.

Cons: Expensive and not very many vegan/veg options.

Good choice when you are in Juneau - Edit

this restaurant gets busy, especially for weekend breakfast, and there is a good reason for that. The food is good. Maybe the best in Juneau, although Juneau is not known for good restaurants so best in Juneau isn't hard to accomplish. They only have a few vegan options for breakfast, and not much for lunch, but they are happy to accommodate your needs.
Cons: most of the staff don't appear to be happy to be working there. The service is fine, and sometimes comes with a smile, but it is odd that they are not friendlier.

Enjoyed both vegan menu items - Edit

I just spent a few days in Juneau while attending a wedding, and I'm glad I did my homework on HappyCow and found the vegan options listed for Sandpiper Cafe! I tried both the vegan pecan french toast and the tofu scramble, and they were both very tasty. We actually had breakfast there 3 days in a row with family, so I had the french toast twice - it was that good!

I had hoped to sub avocado for sour cream on the tofu scramble, but they only had avocado on hand for one of the daily specials - so they couldn't make the substitution. It would be terrific if the tofu scramble were changed to include avocado instead of sour cream, to make it truly vegan.

The couple of vegan items that are offered are wonderful, and I'm sure other vegans would also love to see another option or 2 on the menu. That said, I appreciate that the menu included a couple specifically vegan options, and if I return to Juneau, I'll definitely make a stop at Sandpiper Cafe!

Pros: 2 tasty vegan options on menu, Great service, Bright, clean, lively atmosphere

Cons: I'd love more vegan options on the menu!

Return to Juneau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sandpiper Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 682 times since Jan 2013.