Salon de Te

957-487984

Calle del Buen Pastor 13, Cordoba, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant consists of three cozy rooms with Arabic decor. Most desserts are vegan. Other vegan options are hummus, salad, baba ganoush, falafel and more. Serves herbal, Andalucian, Indian, and Chinese teas. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Arabic, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by AliceW

decent - Edit

This is a really cute cafe in a covered courtyard. It's more for tea, with a limited amount of food...basically just some salads and falafel. Maybe our experience would have been better if we knew more Spanish. The guy working there didn't seem to have any patience for us. I tried to ask if the menu of the day was vegan by saying "vegano" which is vegan in Spanish but the guy didn't seem to understand and asked if I meant vegetarian. The salads we were given were good. The falafel wasn't bad but came with undercooked fries, white rice, and a mystery white sauce on the side that we assumed wasn't vegan.

Pros: cute cafe , good tea

Cons: vegan options not obvious

Good falafel and hummus - Edit

We had both lunch and dinner in this place, because unfortunately Cordoba is not so vegan friendly. The location was very nice and was perfect for refreshing during a hot day.
The hummus was good and so were the falafels. We had a vegetable cous cous that was really different from the ones I ever tried, but we forgot to ask if they cook it in chicken broth.
The fresh teas seemed all very similar and maybe not homemade. We asked for vegan desserts but all of them contained animal products.

Pros: Very nice location , Good falafel and hummus

Cons: The fresh teas maybe not homemade , No vegan desserts , Few vegan options

Athmospheric - Edit

The selection of food is quite limited, but it's a tearoom so it's no big surprise.

FRIENDLY STAFF - Edit

Friendly staff were tolerant of my attempts at Spanish, and interested in helping me find the vegetarian options. Pleasant atmosphere in Moorish courtyard.

I had a set lunch for EUROS 12. Salad, falafel with rice, a date/honey pastry, tea from a long list of possible flavours. Large, filling portions. Tasted good - especially the pastry; savoury dishes were spicy.

Lovely setting & good coffees - Edit

Salon de Te is close to the cathedral & synagog & easy to get to. It's set in an atmospheric open courtyard with plants and patterned stone floor, with evocative Arabic / Andalucian music playing.
They serve a wide range of teas, fresh fruit juices and a few coffees - including Arabic coffee(flavoured with cardamon), which was lovely. They also have pastries and halwa (which I believe is vegan - I forgot to ask about honey though).
Although they only have two vegan food options - hummous (which comes with warm bread) and falafel, they didn't seem to serve a lot of food, I think people mainly come for the tea and wonderful settings.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 23, 2013

Pros: Atmospheric, Interesting coffees & teas, Good but quiet location

Cons: Serves meat, Only one server meant slow service

Return to Cordoba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Salon de Te closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.