Saigon Cafe

Contact 716-883-1252

1098 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, New York, USA, 14122

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has some vegetarian dishes, including water-based vegetarian soup,stir fried rice noodles w/vegetables, fried rice with or without egg, curries, and more. Vegan options upon request. Low sodium options available.

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by jdame

Great dining experience - Edit

I am a vegan who is also gluten intolerant and allergic to peanuts and tree nuts so dining out always presents some challenges. I must say that Saigon Cafe met all my needs and provided us with a delicious meal and a very pleasant dining experience. First off, they have a vegetarian menu, most of which is vegan and served with rice or rice noodles so also gluten free. You need only ask and they will let you know what is vegan or can be veganized.They are extremely accomodating to those with food allergies. When I saw that peanut sauce was served with the veg spring rolls I informed them of my nut allergy. The server then brought out not one but two alternate nut free sauces for me to try, both of which were delicious.I would say, however, that if you have a peanut allergy to ask about the ingredients when ordering since many of the Thai entrees contain peanut based sauces. I highly recommend the green curry, a mixture of green veggies in a vegan coconut milk based sauce. Also,great location, near Buffalo State College in the heart of a trendy business section. They also have a small amount of outdoor seating. We will definitely be repeat customers.

Pros: many vegan options, Healthy, Well versed on food allergies

Saigon Cafe - Edit

Always so delicious! The Tofu Pad Thai has fish sauce in it, but almost all of the other vegetarian dishes are vegan! The coconut curry is GREAT!

Pros: Vegan Options, Quick, Great Neighborhood

Cons: Kind of Dirty, No Vegan Dessert!

So So Place - Edit

Food upset my stomach a bit. The wait staff was friendly. Overall I would give this place just a moderate rating and I won't be going back.

Pros: Friendly

Cons: Quality, Taste

Return to Buffalo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Saigon Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1467 times since Aug 2007.