Sai Ram Indian Cuisine

• Veg-friendly
Contact 920-733-3003

253 Northland Ave, Appleton, Wisconsin, USA, 54913

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food menu that includes vegetarian main dishes. Has vegan bread and brown rice - ask about dairy use when unsure. Wi-fi access. Casual dining.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Brash

Delicious Food, Perfect Venue for Date Night - Edit

My mother, step-father, two sons (7 and 1-1/2), husband and I went here last night for dinner. When we walked in, the hostess was very friendly and personable, and we were seated right away. The waiter was also very good, and he patiently answered many questions that my family had about the menu items.

There was a good selection of appetizers, including vegetarian ones. I highly recommend the fried eggplant (I can't remember the actual name of this one, but it was very good!). The menu was divided into vegetarian, vegan, and non-vegetarian sections. Most items ranged in price from $12-$18 dollars, although the vegetarian and vegan ones were generally in the $12-$13 range. Kid's meals were in the $5-$6 range, not including a drink.

I ordered the Malai Kofta, which was broccoli and cottage cheese dumplings served in a spiced sauce (you could specify which level of spice- I chose medium as opposed to mild or spicy. In my opinion, it was just right), served with a bed of basmati rice. It was fantastic. The portions were just right- not so much that you either A-Felt the need to put on sweatpants as soon as you get home or B-Needed to bring home leftovers. Everyone else in my party had some variety of a chicken dish- they all smelled very tasty.

My husband did make the comment that the chicken he'd ordered for our youngest (Tandoori) was probably too spicy to be in the kid's menu. The little guy took one bite of it, and with big, watery eyes, told me it was hot and he needed a drink. Our older son, however, downed everything on his plate without complaint- I believe he had the Chicken Makhani. Everyone else said that their food was awesome.

The interior was decorated nicely- each table had a rose and/or an oil candle on it, and the hostess lit ours when she seated us. The walls had paintings of Indian village scenes and people in traditional dress on them, and the red padded vinyl seats were very comfortable and added to the warmth of the atmosphere.

All in all- a great restaurant for a date night or a special treat for a family- just make sure to ask about the spice levels of kids meal items. It did say on the menu that there were vegetarian/vegan items available upon request, but the three things that were listed specifically were all chicken dishes. We will be back!

Pros: Delicious Food, Comfortable Atmosphere, Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff

Cons: Pricey for a Family on a Budget

Great food, awesome service! - Edit

This is one of the few places around here that has a vegan and vegetarian specific sections in there menu. The food is also amazing!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 09, 2013

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, good service

Cons: no more free soup

Vegan and Vegetarian options! - Edit

The meal was superb! They have plenty of options for both vegans and vegetarians. They even have their own sections on the menu! Half price drinks for ladies on Tue. was nice, too!

Pros: Taste, Options, Staff

Cons: No Hummus.. ;-), Slightly Pricey

Happy Happy! - Edit

Highly recommend Sai Ram for it's fantastically great food and service. We have been going here for years, and it's consistently great.

Dont be fooled by the building's exterior. The best food comes from the proverbial "hole in the wall".

Pros: Family Owned, Friendly Enviroment, Owners/Staff are from India

Cons: None yet

Return to Appleton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sai Ram Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 980 times since Oct 2012.