Basil Cafe

920-830-6741

1513 N Richmond St, Appleton, Wisconsin, USA, 54914

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai and Vietnamese food menu. Has a vegan pho (labeled) among some other veggie choices. The Vietnamese crepe could be made vegan when requested. Staff is aware what a vegan diet is. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by tauberl

Awesome - Edit

The food was absolutely delicious, the decor was very nice, and the staff was super friendly. I wish I had known of this place sooner!

Amazing Thai/Vietnamese with amazing vegan options - Edit

Not only is this some of the best Thai and Vietnamese food that I've had, period, but there are great vegan options- the vegan pho is clearly labelled and super delicious (and enormous- be hungry, ready to share, or ready for leftovers!), and there's a note at the bottom of the menu clearly noting that most of their dishes can be made vegetarian or vegan, just ask (and the waitstaff is very knowledgeable about what that means). The other really standout option that I tried and was thought was sooooo delicious was the Vietnamese crepe, which I've never seen a vegan version of anywhere else (I had to double check that it was vegan, they assured me it was!)- definitely try it!! Other than that we had the veg spring rolls (large, fresh, crisp, tasty peanut dipping sauce), one of the wide rice noodle dishes (flavorful, perfectly cooked veggies, yummy sauce), and for dessert the sticky rice with mango and coconut cream (so creamy and delicious, and the perfect amount of sweet). I wish I had photos but we ate everything too fast- definitely give this place a try if you're in the area, everything was amazing!!

Pros: GREAT food , Lots of options, Nice ambiance, friendly staff

Return to Appleton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basil Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.