First Review by s_k_

promising and attractive - Edit

This place is a delight. The ambiance is great, the staff are friendly, and the food is pretty good. It's also nice that everything is vegetarian, giving eaters like me many more options. (They will add eggs on request, which is a nice accommodation.)

There are two things that make me give it fewer than five stars.

1. The menu is pretty limited. This isn't a criticism per se, and not surprising given the relatively small size of the place, just a statement.

2. The flavor in my (savory) crepe was "fine" but not "great". It may be in part because they use pre-packaged ingredients for important components like guacamole. Yes, it's tough to make and maintain guac (which can go bad after a while), so it's not surprising to see this compromise in a small shop. Still, the overall flavor profile did not blow me away.

These are, however, not big issues. They do use local providers for baked goods and such, so those may be a lot fresher and tastier. If I lived closer I'd go more often.

In addition to a cafe it's also a small shop. They also have a nice little side room, which would be very nice for small groups. They're also very sensitive to dietary restrictions.

Pros: decor and ambiance, staff, handling of food restrictions

Cons: limited menu, food was good but not great, use of pre-packaged products

Has CLOSED: Sage Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.