Sababa

Contact 352-792-6043

101 SE 2nd Place Ste 107, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Was veg when it first opened in 2012 but added meat to its menu in 2014. Relocated here in Feb 2015 from at 2020 W University Ave. Concise menu offering Israeli falafel, tofu shawarma, vege chicken shwarma, burekas, fries, latkes, and salads. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Israeli, Non-veg

First Review by potatocake

Fantastic Falafel - Edit

We've been to this place twice and loved it both times - I can't wait to go again. They are very nice, their menu is clear, they have several vegan options, and they are good about telling you what ingredients are in each dish, in case of food allergies. I love the Falafel - it has a great texture (a little crunchy), and they serve it with about 4 little salads, hummus, and a side. My most favorite thing is their pepper relish/sauce - AMAZING!!! My husband is a Carniv. and he likes it that meat is available, so it's a good compromise spot for us.

Pros: inexpensive, quick, and fresh

Very vegan-friendly! - Edit

The owners are literally the sweetest couple ever! Told them I was vegan and though they are not vegans themselves they were very knowledgeable about veganism and even the history of veganism in Isreal! So I got a bit of an education myself which was cool. There are literally signs posted around the restaurant stating that if you are vegan, vegetarian, or have food allergies they can accommodate you. Love this place and when you eat here you definitely get a feel that the staff and owners really care and it comes through in their amazing food.

vegan dishes include: veggie schnitzel, vegan swarma, falafel, and a variety of delicious fresh salads with pita. They also have these delicious Israeli chocolate bars that happen to be vegan!

Pros: Great staff and owners , Delicious food, Accommodates food allergies/diets

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sababa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2135 times since Jul 2012.