Rutabaga

410-267-0261

116 Annapolis St, Annapolis, Maryland, USA, 21401

Juice bar making fresh-pressed juices, smoothies, and offers a small selection of food such as salads, bowls, and soup. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-5:00pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by turtleveg

cute spot with great healthy options - Edit

Considering that Annapolis doesn't have all that much for vegans besides Whole Foods, I was pleased to find Rutabaga. It's just a tiny place with very few meal options but the day I went they were offering a vegan soup as well as salads and bowls. A lot of the salads come with feta, unfortunately. The juices are delicious and come in several varieties. You can either buy a bottle or ask for them to press a fresh one for you. I didn't try any smoothies but they had several options. Kombucha on tap plus hot teas available.

Pros: fresh green juice, vegan options

Cons: serves dairy

JimHeywood 22 Feb 2017 - Hi turtle veg! Thanks for giving us a try. We're sorry the week you came, we didn't have as many vegan options as you'd hoped. I can say, we no longer serve dairy as a base for any of our smoothies (although we do have on hand for requests) and we housemake our almond milk so no gums or fillers. We focus on clean eating, but attempt to make vegan options often. Our soup is housemade by us from scratch and always vegan. Our salads and bowls we try to always have 1 of the 2 be a vegan option. I think you got us on an odd week where both were not. Our food options are limited as you mentioned because we make everything in house from scratch including our dressings and sauces. However we change them up every two weeks to keep things varied and interesting! I hope to see you in again soon to check out some more of what we have to offer!

Return to Annapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rutabaga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.