Rou Vegetarian

Contact 03044012025

Schwedter Str. 25, Berlin, Germany, 10119

Vegetarian Vietnamese restaurant with relaxed but stylish decor. Extensive menu with vegetarian versions of many classic dishes. Lunch menu on weekdays, complimentary dessert after 4pm. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by NotBuyingIt!

Leider nichts besonderes - Edit

Ich hatte ein veganes Gericht. Das Essen hatte wenig Gemüse und war Durchschnitt, gerade so. Der Service war leider langsam, unaufmerksam und auch nicht freundlich. Ich werde nicht wieder hierher kommen.

Pros: -

Cons: schlechter Service

Wonderful! - Edit

Really lovely Vietnamese restaurant. The gentleman working was really friendly and sweet and the food was delicious. Prices were also very reasonable. After spending the past week eating a ton of vegan junk food a cozy meal here was just what I needed. I had the fresh spring rolls and the veggie pho, something I haven't been able to enjoy in much too long. The dessert at the end was unbelievable. It was a sweet mango and coconut dish that I'd never seen before and gobbled down embarrassingly quickly!

Pros: vegan pho! really friendly, inexpensive

Excellent food, almost all vegan, very reasonable - Edit

This place is very reasonably price, but it is actually as in atmosphere as the fancy places (with the exception that it has no cloth napkin). The menu has loads of choices, and except for the lassi drinks, appeared to me to be all vegan. The only addition I'd suggest is an option for brown rice. We came back here a second time because we enjoyed it so much and were disappointed with the fancy, expensive places. The food was fresh, excellent, satisfying portions. The service could be faster - the one person, who smiles pleasantly the whole time, needs some help. The menu has an English translation, which is helpful. The restaurant is clean and nicely furnished, and the toilets are also clean. There was also free wifi, which is helpful when you are traveling.

Pros: excellent food, very nice ambiance, very reasonable

Cons: service could be faster

my favourite! - Edit

rou is a wonderful place.
the food is always superbe. fresh, tasty, adventures for the tongue.
staff is super-friendly.
i eat there as often as i can.

Pros: the food! , the drinks!, the staff!

Finally, Berlin Far East Asian food with taste! - Edit

I am a lover of Far East Asian food and I must say Berlin is seriously lacking in that department - but not this place! I've eaten in about 20 Asian restaurants and have learned to stay away from restaurants here that tout simply "Asian" cuisine - which are many! Outside of that you have predominantly Vietnamese cuisine. Being from New York, I must admit to have not eaten much Vietnamese food before I came to Berlin - NYC is more Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai friendly. The so-called "Thai" food I've had in Berlin is, well, crap. Most Asian restaurants - Vietnamese or otherwise - serve food that tastes like they dumped it out of a can and onto your plate. Anyway, Rhou vegetarian is yet another vietnamese restaurant amongst a handful of vegetarian/vegan Vietnamese vegetarian restaurants and just around the corner from a vegan Vietnamese restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised with my dish "Chả cá Lã Vọng" - unlike other Vietnamese food I've had in Berlin, it had not only an actual taste, but 4 of the 5, I believe - which is significant in a city of Vietnamese (and Thai) restaurants that basically use the same muttled and non-distinct flavour for every dish. This dish even displayed a bit of spice - also virtually non-existent here. I also had an appetizer, which was a bit dry, but still flavourful. My husband's dish was actually quite tasty too, with it's own unique flavour "Đậu sốt lạc". The waiter was very nice, attentive but not overbearing. They give you a desert as a gift after you've had a main course - ours was a delicious coconut custard. The food is reasonably priced, most of the menu is vegan (some dishes have eggs), good sized portions with fresh ingredients and the setup offers a nice clean, relaxed atmosphere. I'd recommend it if you want tasty Vietnamese food.

Pros: Taste, Nice Staff, Good sized portions

Cons: Not everything on the menu is vegan

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rou Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.