First Review by pagescats

Wonderful find! - Edit

I had my list of places to eat and Robin's was one of them but I didn't know it was going to be my favorite. It was so refreshing to walk up and see vegan items listed and Robin, the owner, so knowledgeable about vegans. The first day I ordered the Avocado and Hummus sandwich which said it was vegan. I started eating it and then I noticed the white mayo, I got nervous because sometimes people forget what is and isn't vegan so I asked Robin about the mayo and she assured me it was vegan. Great! The sandwich was wonderful and full of flavor but I think the bread was my favorite part - I am pretty sure it was homemade. The next day I returned and had The Bowl with quinoa - another excellent choice - lots of fresh vegetables and the sauce was good. I returned a third day and had another special which is escaping me right now. As I was driving out of town to the airport I stopped to pick up another Hummus and Avocado sandwich for the road. She also has vegan ice cream for dessert. I had the Lime in the Coconut but my absolute favorite was the vegan chocolate ice cream. The only downfall about the ice cream is you have to let it soften before you can eat any of it. It is frozen solid when you receive it and no spoon will enter, must let it soften but then it is pure heaven.

Pros: Vegan items identified, Robin is always there to answer question, Nice outdoor eating and very clean

Cons: Staff is unfriendly, no smiles , Staff doesn't appear to want to help you

Return to Nosara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Robin's Cafe and Ice Cream closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.