First Review by jel172

nice snack - Edit

This is a great chip shop, they are very good at what they do and that's all they do. You can get a variety of sauces, but the satay is the only vegan one. The chips are amazing. The place is small and very busy with very little sitting room, but they are easy to eat on the street.

Pros: good chips, easy to eat on street

Cons: small busy place

Perfect post-pub food - Edit

As the title says. Once you've finished paying £8 for a beer in this beautiful city, head around the corner to soak it up with these bad boys. Well cooked chips and the sauces are beautiful!

So good.

Pros: Reasonably inexpensive (for Iceland), Just off the main strip of bars, Sauces are lovely

Cons: Could do with staying open a little later

Good option - Edit

Very solid for what it is. The chips were quite good, and the family sized portion was large. The vegan satay sauce was a nice touch. Vegan options are a bit sparse in Reykjavik, so it was nice to be able to get this.

just chips but good ones!! - Edit

Not a lot to say about this place other than they serve good chips .
Expensive as chips go but we found most things more expensive here than at home
Chips were great , good to know they haven't been contaminated by anything of animal origin!!

Nice chips, nothing special though - Edit

Good choice of sauces (satay clearly marked as vegan - always comendable). I was boring and went for ketchup - the other vegan option.

Half my chip cone was the tiny crunchy bits, but I did pop in on thr way home from the pub at 10pm, maybe all the good chips had gone...?

Pros: Good portions, Value

Cons: Nothing special, Not the best cuts of potato

Best Chips Ever! - Edit

Usually 'chip shops' (or at least the English ones) give me war flash backs of horrible, greasy chips that are falling apart and will most-likely get stolen by seagulls when you step outside but these... THESE chips are something else.

These chips taste like pieces of heaven dipped in the perfect amount of grease. Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside. Imagine the perfect chip and then times it's perfection by a thousand and you'll have Reykjavik Chips.

And the dip! Peanutty, cashewy dip that I didn't believe would work but it did! And it was everything.

I still dream about them sometimes. The mornings are hard without them.

I hope we meet again someday, Reykjavik Chips. Wait for me...

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, nice atmosphere/vibe

Cons: Bit expensive

Chips and beer - perfection! - Edit

I came here on my first evening on arriving in Iceland earlier this week. I had the chips with vegan satay sauce and a beer, and it was absolutely perfect for a late night snack. The space itself was lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. I will be back!

Pros: Delicious chips and sauce, Tasty beer, Friendly staff, lovely space

Chips & Beer - Edit

They have chips & beer, with vegan sauces. Hot chips when its cold outside. There aren't a huge number of options in Iceland, the big serves are good enough for dinner. Generally playing good music, nice vibe.

Cips and beer. - Edit

They only serve chips and beer here. Not a bad combination for some of us. The chips were good, not to greasy and the vegan cashew sauce was really delicious. The tables had holes in them, I didn't understand at first but it proved to be very handy, you put your bag of chips in there so it won't fall over.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cozy interiour, Vegan sauce!

Straightforward but convenient - Edit

Popped in here for a late lunch and picked up the vegan satay (hnetan) sauce chips. The large is a good sized dose of chips that would do as a reasonable lunch. The sauce was quite tasty and was generously applied, if not a bit sickening by the end.

Tasty... - Edit

So, chips aren't super healthy, but these aren't greasy and gross. Perfect for a mid-evening (or later) snack...

10 available dips/sauces. 2 are vegan (including regular ketchup). We didn't try the advertised vegan dip because it's cashew based and we're avoiding nuts.

My wife clamoured to go here multiple times while we were in town.

Pros: Delicious, Not greasy

Cons: Need more vegan dips

Return to Reykjavik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Reykjavik Chips closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.