Redemption - Notting Hill

Contact +44-2073139041

6 Chepstow Rd, West London, England, W2 5BH

Vegan, gluten-free and alcohol-free restaurant with the motto, 'Spoil yourself without spoiling yourself. Menu includes sweetcorn & red pepper pancakes with guacamole, fresh seasonal risottos such as pea or mushroom, and home made seasonal cheesecakes such as acai or lime. Also has a venue in Shoreditch. NOTE: closed Dec 23 - Jan 3. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-10:30pm, Sat 10:00am-10:30pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm. Closed Mon.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Take-out, Gluten-free

First Review by katrogers76

Slow, but almost cheap considering the location - Edit

The service is not the fastest, but there is much more food for the buck than one would expect based on the vibe and location of the place. Plus it's really tasty, so even your non-vegan friends (do you have any?! :P) will be satisfied (and satiated).

Do try the virgin cocktails. I know they are expensive, but they will surprise you.

Pros: Big portions, choice of virgin drinks

Cons: Still a little expensive, Slow service, Wider drink's than food menu

Amazing food! - Edit

Lovely place! Beautiful environment. Staff was wonderfull and the food was fantastic!! Loved the food and the drinks, very tasteful. Good prices.
Only thing I didnt like was that my friend got her food 5 min after I got mine...

Pros: Very helpfull and friendly staff

sugar phobics - Edit

Very sugar phobic restaurant to a point that it effects the taste of the food. Of course very into "healthy fats"... not a place for low fat high carbers that's for sure.
I am all in about the eating whole foods but you have to make so that it taste nice

Pros: pretty and cosy environment , very nice and friendly staff

Cons: expensive , food is just ok , oily

Excellent - Edit

I've had the pleasure of dining here twice while passing through London, and both visits were delightful. The food, drinks, service, environment and ethos are all great. Don't miss the vegan cheesecake.

Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Tasty - Edit

Can highly recommend paying this place a visit. Really enjoyed the beetroot risotto and desserts are just amazing.

Pros: great selection, super desserts, tasty mains

Cons: slighlty pricey

pleasant evening - Edit

Even though it was a Tuesday evening,we were quite lucky to get a table as the small restaurant was quite full. Probably worth booking. I had the Zucchini pasta con pesto and my wife had the Maki roll platter. They were both enjoyable meals. Compared to non vegan restaurants there is a big choice of desserts. We are both new to plant based diets so my taste buds are probably still adjusting to my previous long term vegetarian diet. At home, I tend towards cooked and spicy rather than raw which makes up a good proportion of the menu. But it's still great to go to a restaurant where you can choose anything on the menu. I was wavering between a three or a four stars but on balance, Redemption probably deserves a four particularly if you enjoy raw food.

Pros: friendly staff

Excellent Healthy Food - Edit

Beautiful small restaurant. Everything we had was delicious and clean tasting. Standouts: really interesting non-alcoholic cocktails. Beetroot and espresso was really nice. Also, the cheesecake we had was SO good.

Really good restaurant! - Edit

Went here for lunch around 2 o'clock. Not many people so service was fairly fast. Smallish menu, but delicious food. Good size portions. I absolutely loved the mocktails (non alcoholic). Interior design was nice with really comfortable, soft chairs and sofas

Very friendly and nice healthy cuisine - Edit

Not a huge variety of options, however everything looks very nice and plenty of healthy and raw options.

Pros: Raw and healthy, Awesome drinks, very refreshing , Super friendly staff

Cons: Not a huge variety , Some options were missing off the menu

Spoil yourself? - Edit

We did want to spoil ourselves but unfortunately didn't get spoiled. They were clearly understaffed and overworked during our evening dinner. We did manage to get a table after sitting at the bar and looking on how the overpriced drinks were prepared. The very tasty soup was accompanied by a less than good homemade bread. My grilled aubergine & tahini dish was tasty but a little on the small side. To round the evening off I had a lemon cake which was terrific. If you are prepared to oversee a long wait, bland bread and overpriced drinks you are at the right spot. Reservations are advised if you are keen on going.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 18, 2016

Pros: Reservations , Staff does makes an effort

Cons: Overpriced drinks, Small portions, Long wait

Enjoyable Sunday lunch - Edit

I visited this lovely place one Sunday afternoon with a friend. We had a nice meal and a cheesecake that was really huge and super tasty :)
The staff was friendly and we really enjoyed the visit. Will call in again when I am in the area :)

Pros: Food, Staff, Place, lovely views on London

loved everything about it!! - Edit

The staff was nice and I loved the atmosphere. My friend had the pancakes with fruits (which looked soooo good), I really liked my drink (something with apple juice and mint). As desert I had a raw mango (I think) cheese cake with passion fruit and pineapple, they "decorated" it with flowers (see picture) which I really loved. Next time in London I'll go back there!!!

Great - Edit

Have been here twice and enjoyed each visit. Small menu but everything I've tried here has been delicious. Staff are friendly but a little scatty so be mindful of this when visiting. Good food though - I recommend the pancake stack!

Pros: Gluten free dairy free wheat free, Vegan options

wholesome vegan food. alcohol ban. overpriced. - Edit

I had a mushroom risotto (barlotto version with barley). It was good but not £14.50 good! £8.50 is the correct price. If you're going to charge that much you have to deliver something more creative. Drink was really good, but no alcohol served and couple behind me were told they could not open their own bottle of wine so they left (not sure what this policy achieves). Girl serving was very nice and service good. Overall a pleasant experience and great to have another vegan restaurant! But Terre a Terre prices require delivering more.

happy husband!!! - Edit

Visited with my husband and another vegan friend and we were not disappointed. So many choices but finally decided on the californication which was delicious. Had the ginger fool for pudding which was very tasty. Staff friendly and attentive. Decor nice and simple with a lovely loo. Looking forward to our next visit. Reasonably priced considering central location. 12.5% service charge

Pros: food, desserts

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Redemption - Notting Hill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.