Red Tomato Pizza House

( 1 review )
510-845-6666

2017 University Ave, Berkeley, California, USA, 94704

Serves meat, vegan options available. This pizza restaurant has vegan cheese for pizza, pasta and one salad that's vegan. Vegan items are labeled on menu (except salad). Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Delivery, Take-out, Gluten-free, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by sportsoul

Vegan pizza is blessing, 'vegan tax' is curse - Edit

I've been frequenting another vegan pizza place, so its been a while since hitting Red Tomato. This place used to be a Round Table and when they first opened had the same menu - and phone number... those were my omnivore days. I was happy to be a returning customer when I noticed them doing vegan, but my recollection is not many topping selections at the time - perhaps one mock meat. I'm not a real fan of Daiya either, especially when it costs extra... what happened to the money paid for the basic pizza cheese? Hopefully credited toward the Daiya and not subsidizing dairy industry. I am giving the benefit of the doubt, and I've had this discussion at other pizza places that offer vegan cheese - saying its soooo expensive. must be... add $8.28 to a $18 extra large here for 'create your own' its worse now since they seem to charge a percentage instead of charging as a topping.... phhhttt. Let the animal ag sickos subsidize the vegans and don't charge extra for vegan and you'd earn big stars from me easy...
a look at their menu shows me they've improved with four vegan specials, but a premium price over omnivore fare.
There is a huge vegan tax here.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-08

Cons: Huge 'vegan tax'

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Tomato Pizza House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.