Red Cup Coffee House

Contact 405-525-3430

3122 N Classen Blvd, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, 73118

Small and casual coffee shop operating since 1995 and all-vegetarian since 2010. Offers vegetarian breakfast and lunch food with vegan specials. Most vegetarian items can be made vegan for no extra charge. Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Bakery, Fusion

First Review by Eli.wolf

great food - Edit

food is great! service is good. They have good drinks and there food is great. you can ask them to veganize almost anything and they know what to do. staff is cool and responsive. great atmosphere and location.

Pros: lots of vegan options, good price, friendly clientele

Cons: warm in the summer, not a ton of seating

Cute hipster spot - Edit

This cafe has a cozy feel. The menu is REALLY difficult to read through so give yourself plenty of time (I posted a pic of the menu to give an idea). There are probably several vegan options but they're not easy to find on the menu (at least for me). I ordered a cold brewed coffee and it was very strong and bitter, I suggest getting some syrup flavoring in it. I also ordered the Sloppy Jane.

There was one vegan pastry available when I came. I was surprised there weren't more vegan offerings since it's a vegetarian cafe. The staff was really friendly and quick!

Pros: Nice staff, Cozy atmosphere

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

A pretty disappointing place for a vegan. Few options except things that would be in a vegan 101 cookbook, like pasta, a veggie sandwich, & vegan chili. Veggie burger not vegan. No vegan dairy substitutes offered. Menu offers no more flexibility than any other restaurant.

Pros: cute, local, friendly people

Cons: not vegan friendly

Satisfying surprise find - Edit

I was traveling to Oklahoma City and had horrible food at the airport. I was genuinely worried about my vegan options in the city but drove out to the red cup on a whim and could not have been more pleased. I ate a stir-fry with fresh veggies that they made with noodles instead of rice for me. It was fresh, wholesome, healthy, and delicious. The staff was very friendly. I ever ordered a vegan dessert (although they only had one vegan dessert option- it was tasty.) the food was very reasonably priced too. The atmosphere is artsy, hipster, and accepting. They do not have vegan cheese yet, but are willing to make things without cheese to veganize them. There was a very large vegetarian food menu.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 12, 2013

Pros: Great food, Fun atmosphere

Cons: Not open for dinner some days

Cute atmosphere, but very vegetarian - Edit

I'm vegan, and although it has a ton of vegetarian options not many of them were easily veganized. I had a hummus sandwich that was delicious though.

Pros: Nice sitting area

Cons: Very vegetarian

One of my favorite places - Edit

Always delicious food and lovely art, and the most peaceful outdoor dining. They have a wide selection of vegetarian food and a decent selection of vegan food. Fair trade coffee and loose leaf tea, GREAT baked goods.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Fantastic food even carnivores like, A variety of baked goods

Cons: Not much parking

Great Coffee and atmosphere - Edit

My hubby and I are vegans and we wanted a vegan breakfast while visiting OKC. There were not a whole lot of vegan options for breakfast here so I was a little disappointed at first. They did have a vegan menu posted. I ordered the rosemary bun with hummus and my hubby ordered the jalopeno bun with hummus. Both these items were amazing! You could tell items were homemade and they tasted delicious. The coffee was great too! Although not very many vegan items, the taste made up for it. The atmosphere and staff were also fun and friendly!

Pros: cool atmosphere, great coffee/food, friendly staff

Cons: Not a whole lot of vegan options

great vibe, decent veg food - Edit

good coffee, cute hangout, it's an old house transformed into a coffee shop w/ Oklahoma "hipster" staff and decent veggie food. We had curry and pumpkin pie, pretty good.

Pros: good coffee, good vegan sweets

Cons: food lacked pizazz, not much parking, doesn't accept Discover cards

Return to Oklahoma City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Cup Coffee House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4903 times since Aug 2007.