Real Raw Live

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 323-461-4545

5913 W Franklin Ave (at Bronson Ave, Hollywood area), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90028

Juice bar and store. Stocks a range of natural health products including beauty and skin care, essential oils, vitamins, supplements, raw chocolate, snacks, energy bars, some prepared raw and cooked foods. The juice bar makes organic juices, smoothies, frozen yoghurt, and wellness shots. Open Mon-Sun.

First Review by rebeccaj

Raw and cooked, actually - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Real Raw Live review.

Stopped in once when I was in the neighborhood. The interior felt cold and shelves seemed barren to me. It's a long and deep store with a juice bar counter on one side and shelves featuring nutritional supplements and superfoods stuff on the other side. Way in the back are some tables set up for seating. The walls are painted lime green which made me feel cold. The space just lacked warmth.

I was expecting to see only raw products, but there well cooked and baked foods for sale in addition to frozen dairy yoghurt. I had thought this was a RAW place?!

On the positive side, the juice bar does offer a wonderful array of drinks including fresh juices and smoothies with choice of enhancers, superfood shots and cleansers. I got the "forever green" juice and that was all right.

Pros: go for the juice bar

liked this place - Edit

They have a counter, behind which they make juices and smoothies. I was in a hurry, so I just shopped at their display of packaged goods along the wall, and in their refrigerated section.

They do sell some food that is not raw, including takeout from Rahel Ethiopian Restaurant. There's some non-vegan stuff on their menu, too--whey protein, bee pollen, yogurt (that's the only reason I give it only 4 stars).

In addition to the counter seating, there are tables. It was a little crowded, the way they had it set up--if you want to look at their packaged foods, you have to be careful not to bump into people standing in front of the counter.

The people who run it are genuinely friendly and gracious. And I don't mean in a cultish, Cafe Gratitude way ;-)

Pros: nice vibe, good raw resource

Cons: a little bottleneck by the door, not all vegan

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Real Raw Live closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 695 times since Sep 2007.