Quattro Ristorante - Lower Parcel

Contact +91-22-67496444

7, Janta Industrial Estate, Senapati Bapat Marg (at Lower Parel, near Phoenix mill compound), Mumbai, India,

Fine dining vegetarian Italian cuisine. Also sells some takeaway baked goods (with dairy, no egg) and food. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Italian, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by earthville

Not recommended for vegans or others with dairy-free diets - Edit

Quattro should be fine for lacto-vegetarians, but isn't a safe bet for vegans or others who don't take dairy (especially if allergic). First, there isn't anything explicitly vegan on the menu, so one needs to ask the servers, and the servers may or may not know, and they may or may not communicate special orders (e.g. no cheese) to the kitchen properly and, even if they do, the kitchen may or may not execute the order correctly.

In my case, it was even worse: I ordered tacos with no cheese or sour cream, and the server repeated my order, clearly noting the request for no dairy at all. So far, so good. But 15 minutes later my plate made it almost to my table before someone caught it and sent it back to the kitchen. Oops. Another ten minutes later, it was on its way to me again, so considering the long wait i figured they had remade it without cheese. And when the waiter delivered it with a smile, saying, "we have not put any dairy on it," that would've seemed to be the case. But, alas, there were still a few bits of cheese, so it seems the kitchen spent 10 minutes trying to pick the cheese out rather than have to remake it from scratch. Sigh...

Having said all that, the flavors were good. Just caveat emptor about special orders. And based on this one experience, i also wouldn't recommend it for anyone in a hurry, as it took about 35 minutes for me to be served.

Return to Mumbai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Quattro Ristorante - Lower Parcel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 726 times since Sep 2012.