CLOSED: Quantum Cafe

632-519-0757

G/F Feron Building, 9590 Kamagong, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has some vegan options are on the menu. Local hang. Call before your visit to confirm open as many private events are held here. MAR 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Filipino, Non-veg

First Review by teejaybee

buffet not available - Edit

We are visiting Manila and called to inquire about the veg buffet hours. We were told it was no longer available but there are vegetarian items on the menu. We decided to try it another day as there were other veg places on our to try list.

Vegan Happy Hour in Makati - Edit

For lunch today, I met up with my mom and my sister to try Quantum Cafe's vegan lunch buffet. It's already reasonably priced at P250 per head, but I was able to buy discounted buffet coupons from Groupon for only P125 each. Seriously. P125. So I kept my expectations low.

The restaurant is tucked away inside a small building in Kamagong, and we were able to find it easily enough. It was a lot bigger than I expected, I kind of thought it would be a hole in the wall. But Quantum turned out to be a clean and well-lit place, and they even had a stage and sound system for events and parties.

The actual buffet had only a few selections: Crispy Kangkong with sesame dressing, Mock Adobo Flakes with a side of atsara, Vegetable Curry with noodle crisps, saba, and raisins, brown rice, vegetable broth, and non-dairy cookies. Very limited selections, yes, but I tell you, each and every dish was delicious! The mock adobo flakes were perfectly crispy without seeming oily. The crispy kangkong was served with a homemade sesame dressing which was much better than the usual mayonnaise! And the vegetable curry was my favorite dish from the buffet, because it was naturally sweetened by the condiments they served it with (saba bananas and raisins). The soup was unremarkable, just something to round out the meal I guess, and the platter of cookies looked a bit plain but were actually very good.

We ordered an extra Malunggay Pesto Pasta ala carte (vegans, don't forget to specify no parmesan cheese), just because we wanted to try it, but we were too stuffed from our 2-3 trips each to the buffet table that we had it wrapped for takeaway. My mom also ordered more Mock Adobo Flakes to take home. The cafe packs their takeaway food in cardboard cake boxes instead of the usual styrofoam.

We got to meet Quantum Cafe's owner, a very gracious woman called Mary Jo, who talked to us about their regular menu, and invited us to a monthly event called Geek Fight at the cafe. She also told us that they usually come up with variations on the menu for the Vegan Buffet, which happens only twice weekly, on Mondays and Tuesdays. I am glad to hear this, so that we can go back and try their other vegan specials another time.

Return to Metro Manila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Quantum Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.