Pyro Pizza - Food Truck

Contact 503-929-1404

1207 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza food truck within Cartopia Food Pod. Has build-your-own with option for vegan cheese and vegan sausage. Garlic bread sticks with marinara and salad also vegan suitable. Makes its own natural fountain soda. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-12:00am, Tue-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by avocadora

my favorite vegan pizza in pdx - Edit

I don't dabble a lot in pizza because commercial vegan cheese tends to be disappointing and I don't crave cheese that often, but I still have a strange, tender spot for pizza and Pyro Pizza's vegan margherita fills that hole nicely. Their homemade crust, wood fired pies, bright simple sauce and fresh toppings make them an easy winner for the omni pizza lover. Their only potential downfall is the dairy. They use Follow Your Heart mozzarella (kudos since most places only offer Daiya) which I had for the first time on their pizza and I had no complaints. Melted nicely, stretched naturally. Certainly satisfies that maegherita itch. It's been a while since I've had a dairy cheese pizza so I can't attest to the authenticity of the cheese flavor, but with Pyro's margherita, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-08

Pros: not daiya, wood-fired pizza

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pyro Pizza - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 102 times since May 2016.