Pugi

• ( 2 reviews )

Via Giampaolo Orsini, 65r, Florence, Italy

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened since 1925, a typical Italian bakery/cafe offers two menu items marked specifically 100% vegan: A salad and a tangier (a veggie burger). Understands what vegan means.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in Italy require a Green Pass for indoor dining. Please review government regulations and call ahead to confirm rules and availability before dining. Open Mon-Sat 08:30-19:30.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by whatvegetarianseat

NiccoloGallio

Points +110

08 Apr 2019

Beware, most bread products contain "strutto"

As the title says be careful and ask if the flatbread and pastry contain "strutto" (melted pig fat)

whatvegetarianseat

Points +95

17 Sep 2014

Friendly neighborhood cafe/bakery

We stumbled upon this cute little bakery on our way out of Florence while in Italy for our honeymoon. We had been looking for a place to get lunch and happened to walk by. Since I was looking for something vegan, I had my doubts that there would be anything for me there. I was pleasantly surprised to see the words "100% vegan" next to two menu items, a salad and a tangier, which one of the women explained was a veggie burger. So we decided to sit and have a meal there. They brought out some corn soup as an appetizer. The meal was wonderful and beautiful! A veggie patty on a freshly baked bun with a pepper sauce, marinated veggies and a salad with edible flowers. The service was very friendly, as was the clientele - an elderly woman who was clearly a regular there struck up a conversation with us as we ate. Overall, it was such a fun vegan discovery in an unlikely place!

Pros: vegan lunch options, yummy food, friendly service

Cons: most bakery items were not vegan

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pugi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2032 times.