Propaganda

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cozy restaurant inspired by USSR nostalgia. Vegan choices include grilled veggies, buckwheat dishes, fried broccoli with mushrooms, and any vegeterian salad or dish can be adjusted by request to be vegan. Desserts off the menu include oven baked apple with berry jam and nuts. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by HappySami

beautiful looking restaurant - Edit

First of all there's not many vegan options. All the sides we got would have probably been amazing if we'd asked for NO OIL, but I never imagined they'd use this much. We finished everything but felt gross afterwards and didn't come back during our short stay because of this. So if you like really fatty dishes you'll love it here otherwise ask for no oil or go somewhere more vegan friendly. There's a couple places very close.

Pros: best decor I saw in Chisinau, great service

Cons: way too much oil, not many vegan options

Very cozy and cool place (but not the best for vegantarian/vegans) - Edit

Do you know what I mean when I say that sometimes I miss that I can not get in to every cafe/restaurant and eat whatever is on the menu. While I travel I love to see special places like cafe Propoganda. When you walk through the door it feels like you walk back in time. The whole restaurant is decorated as you are in the USSR time. Even the toilet is in the same style. Everything in this restaurant is just perfect. Just enough tables in the room so that is not to crowded.

As vegan you can order 4 dishes, quesadilla without cheese (not enough for a meal), pasta with eggplant and some side dishes. As vegetarian a little bit more. Thats the reason why I give this restaurant four stars

The wine was really tasteful. Lovely way to spent the evening.

Propaganda - Edit

Don't know what they want me to say here.

Pros: Very nice restaurant with very resonable prices.

Cons: Only has vegan soups and dsalads, no tofu.

Michelin star level of cooking!!! - Edit

We initially came because we were recommended the coffee and rich local wine selection, but we stayed to taste the food as well. The vibe was amazing, great music playing, and authentic vintage decoration.
The staff was very helpful in the selection of vegan options from the menu but also made an extra effort to arrange off-menu treats for desserts. The fried broccoli and mushrooms were so amazing that we ordered another plate to go, the portions (even though it is labeled as an appetizer) were big enough.
The staff offered to expand the menu for us if we were to come often. Too bad we are only visiting! We will definitely come back there!

Pros: Excellent food, Helpful and friendly staff, Good quality cooked vegan options

Cons: Not affordable on a regular basis for most locals

Return to Chisinau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Propaganda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.