Primo Basilico

Rua dos Remedios 37 (at Largo do Chafariz), Lisbon, Portugal, 1100-355

Serves meat, vegan options available. Takeaway Italian pizza shop with vegan choices, including tofu tartiflette and roast vegetable pesto pizza - pay by the slice or half slice.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by vintage85

SarahLavagnoli

Points +107

27 Feb 2020

Amazing pizza

Pizzaria pequena mas com grande rotatividade de clientes e opções.
Se existe pizza vegan melhor do que aqui.. Ainda não experimentei...
São realmente boas

AbiHarvey

Points +30

03 Nov 2019

Many options!

Great vegan options with interesting toppings, cheap too! There’s a seating area a few doors to the right which can be easily missed!

Pros: Cheap , Good options , Helpful staff

SagaVigreBohinen

Points +504

30 Jul 2019

Delicious

Great takeaway pizza, we absolutely LOVED this place

Pros: Affordable , Delicious

charloleger

Points +156

17 Jul 2019

Excellent!

Simple, delicate and excellent choice of pizzas by the slice! Will go back.

HenriMatisse

Points +173

12 Jun 2019

Try vegan calzone!

Great Calzone try the truffle one

Pros: Vegan options , Affordable

Cons: Serves dead animals and dairy

jarturserrano

Points +43

29 May 2019

Tartufo vero

The “calzone” with real black tartufo was just amazing. Only had so tasty tartufo in the market at Naples!

And the service is super fast!

Pros: They have vegan pizza on the menu, They use recycled materials , Location in typical Alfama

PatriciaSimpson

Points +18

09 May 2019

Excellent pizza

Eat in or take out pizza place. Friendly staff, knowledgeable about vegan options.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Very tasty pizza, Economical

CamilleMacLeod

Points +557

23 Mar 2019

One of the best pizza

A very simple pizza but it’s excellent..! They even had a jackfruit slice.

Pros: Cheap, Quality, We’ll differentiate

Nonosch

Points +34

14 Mar 2019

Really nice pizza joint

In a small street in cozy neibourghood Alfama, this cute pizzeria offers vegan slices of pizza, focaccia and calzone! We tried almost all of it, and it was delicious, and cheap. Staff is super nice! I recommend it.

Pros: Vegan calzone, beers, toilets

SaschaScharmann

Points +58

22 Feb 2019

Best vegan pizza, I ever had

... in my life! Please go to that little bistro and try a slice for only 3 euros!

Pros: So delicious , Fresh and cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: Nothing to complain

CeciliaSilCo

Points +26

20 Nov 2018

Amazing!

Very good pizza and calzone. Incredible! Combo pizza drink : 3,80 euros

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Good price

youja

Points +54

03 Sep 2018

Cheap and tasty

Tiny store with some good vegan options! 2 foccacia, 2 pizza, 1 calzone! Had the two pizza options that were really tasty. The staff is really nice, so ask them which ones are vegan, cause it’s not labeled.

Bozica

Points +36

21 Aug 2018

Great Food at a Great Price

The staff is very kind, and they have quite some vegan options.

Pros: Low prices, Plenty vegan options , Tastes great

Cons: Cash only

spicy_rice_noodlez

Points +20

09 Aug 2018

Yum yum in the tum tum

The vegans options are made very clear upon asking. The prices are low, and the pizza is good.

Pros: Yummy

Cons: Greasy

JonJon

Points +17024

29 Jul 2018

Typical Roman pizzas in Lisbon!

We found this place by random, walking in Alfama neighborhood. They clearly indicate their vegan options (two or three pizzas, the focaccia, one calzone) and are very helpful. The owners are Italian and provide typical Roman pizzas 'al taglio'. They were good and cheap. The place is small (almost only to take away) but convenient. Ideal for a quick bite after or before your visit of the neighborhood!

Pros: clearly indicated vegan options, good ant typical pizzas from Roma, friendly Italian staff, inexpensive

Cons: not 100% vegan, small

FloreFoulon

Points +34

21 Jul 2018

Tasty af

Not really Portuguese themed as the owners/waiters are Italian. Anyway, the pizzas were amazing with several vegan choices, if you can have the vegan calzone do not hesitate a second. The waiter spoke Italian, English and French, and I assume Portuguese as well but could not witness that.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Fast

Cons: Not the typical definition of a light meal

mantistoboggan

Points +22

13 Jul 2018

Great quick feed

Had four different vegan pizza/focaccia options and one calzone when I was there. Reasonably priced and very quick easy and tasty. Filling too. 2 euro for a slice and 3.50 for calzone.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Fast easy takeaway, Good value

IzzyFarnhell

Points +22

15 Jun 2018

The best vegan pizza I've ever had

I wish I could give five stars for this place and/or move it to my doorstep so that I could go there constantly. I went with my omni friends and they loved it aswell, I had the vegetable pizza with vegan cheese and sesame seeds and it was fabulous. It was three euros a slice but the clichés are the size of a small personal pizza so they fill you up nicely. The staff working at the time said they were originally from Italy so liked to make traditional style Italian pizza, they were also very lovely and made an effort to try and explain stuff in English even though it wasn't their language.

Pros: Best pizza I've ever had , Really lovely staff , Interesting flavour combos

Cons: Not completely vegan , Not in my country / close enough for me to go to e

loveforveganfood

Points +419

24 Feb 2018

nice

Really liked this place
Perfect for lunch while sightseeing
Many vegan options
Very nice staff
Pizza, Foccaia and Calzone

martint

Points +4158

09 Dec 2017

Authentic Italian pizza made vegan

It is a tiny store that sells pizza by slices (also have some empanadas) runt by Italians. And it can be seen in the pizza quality. Also the veganized options are very surprising, including the one with vegan tofu sourcream topping. So good!

It is mostly take away but has a separated room if you want to take a seat.

Pros: supreme!

sternsuppe

Points +62

09 Dec 2017

5 Stars!

Too bad I can’t give 5 stars, because I would. What the other pizza place lacked, this one had and more. I ate a slice with truffle cream, mushrooms and aubergine and an olive Focaccia, my friend had a meaty slice. It was some of the best pizza we ever had!

Pros: delicious , inexpensive

Cons: not fully vegan

esle

Points +46

18 Oct 2017

Delicious

The food is really good. They had 2 vegan foccacias and 2 vegan pizza. We were really early so couldnt try the calzone yet. Especially the foccacia was really nice and tasteful. For 4 slices and 2 icetea we only paid 12 euros and we were completely stuffed til dinner! Didnt like the cookies that much though, but my friend did.

AgnesePriekule

Points +53

Vegetarian
17 Oct 2017

amazing price, taste and service

I took a vegetarian calzone pizza, and it was amazing at everything, from the dough to the filling. Italians are working there, after all :) The service was also very friendly, and the prices - unbelievably cheap. I will return!

Pros: taste!!!

Cons: the only coffee available is espresso (no milk/pla

Vera Peres

Points +2613

20 Aug 2017

Yummy vegan pizza

Primo Basilico offer vegan foccacia, calzone, sweets and a juicy rectangular pizza with a delicious tofu-truffle cream as base. Yum.

Beccaguy

Points +40

08 May 2017

Tasty and cheap

I loved this place! There were four vegan options when we went, including focaccias and a calzone. I got a focaccia slice with mushrooms and a tofu sauce, and a vegetable calzone, which cost under 5 euros. They warm the food up for you and it's perfect to eat in or take away. Great tasting food and very cheap.

Pros: Quick and helpful service, Great taste, Value for money

IsabelLopesdeSousa

Points +78

07 May 2017

Many vegan options, Great pizza

For a pizzeria in Lisbon, this one has a lot of vegan options! I really liked this one, the food is very tasty. I feel like they cook it with passion because they have very creative pizza toppings. I discovered this place after a good 2-hour walk and it was the best reward ever!! :)

Pros: Many vegan options, Very tasty food, Good price

Cons: There're still non-vegan options :P

TabbyFarrar

Points +357

12 Apr 2017

Heavenly pizza!

After a scenic stroll to find the place, we were given a warm welcome and the owner talked us through the vegan pizza options - I went for a slice of tofu tartiflette-style pizza and half a slice of a roasted vegetable one, which she then cut into half a dozen mini slices for me and I devoured them all in no time at all - for all the pizza and a bottle of beer cost me €5, so you don't have to break the bank to eat amazing food here

Pros: Amazing pizza , Friendly staff , Vegan choices have had love and effort put in

Cons: No seating - takeaway only

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Primo Basilico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.