CLOSED: Primavera

Contact 0656845323

7 High Street, Ennis, Ireland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a separate vegan menu with starters, mains, and desserts. MAR 2014 REPORTED CLOSED AND RE-OPENED BUT NOT VEG FRIENDLY.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by DavidJTaylor

A real find! - Edit

I was thrilled to find a vegan friendly restaurant on my trip to Ennis when i checked HappyCow on line. Primavera did not disappoint. The waitress was brilliant, she ran the full restaurant, telling us later that a colleague had called in sick. The vegan menu wasn't totally ready when we were last there (Aug2012) but they still had a great range of options for every course. The 3 course special is seriously good value at €19.90 and we each really enjoyed our meals. I would recommend & will return to Primavera.
The only issue we had was that the guac k salsa with the veggie fajitas were not home made, they were still lovely but would have been so much nicer if they were fresh.

Vegan friendly in the west of Ireland - Edit

Clare Veg Group approached Margaret in Primavera in 2011. She was immediately interested in accommodating vegans and vegetarians. The group has since had three meetings there, the last one, in April, being a free 'try-out' night for some dishes they were thinking of putting on their regular menu.

All in all, they could not have done more to welcome vegans and vegetarians as well as producing some quite amazing food for us.

They now have a separate veggie menu and have made themselves aware of the various issues surrounding veg*nism. Several members of the group have returned on other than group nights and have nothing but praise for the staff.

This is how to run a restaurant - look after every customer as individuals and give them really tasty food - as well as interact and be willing to learn and experiment.

Looking at the pros and cons below, I think a con might be the lack of wheelchair access - I'd have to check that. The restaurant is accessed from the street up a flight of stairs. The only other con is it's a big room if it's not very busy. Maybe some partitions scattered around might break it up.

Otherwise, we need more like Primavera in the mid-west.

Pros: Vegan and veggie friendly, Decent sized portions, Flexible

Cons: Hard to think of cons

Return to Ennis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Primavera closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 374 times since Apr 2012.