Pourquoi Pas Espresso Bar

• Other Other
Contact 514-419-9400

1447 Amherst St (at Boul de Maisonneuve E), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2L 3L2

A small coffee house serving some vegan savory and sweet pastries. Has gluten free options and almond-coconut milk. Cow milk is offered as well. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by ElsaArteagaBernal

Amazing coffee - Edit

This coffee shop offers great coffee with soy milk or a mix of almond and coconut milk. For cow milk, you have to pay extra.

Don't miss out the co-gurt, a homemade coconut yogurt that I would die for.

Pros: excellent coffee

Fantastic Coffee - Edit

While I was staying in Montreal my hotel was not too far away from Pourquoi Pas Espresso Bar, just two blocks. I loved that they were open early and so we could get our coffee fix in before exploring the city.

The coffee was really fantastic, and the beans they use are good quality. Each morning there was a choice between two different kinds of beans, and I ended up trying the Costa Rica, and the Ethiopian, while my husband had the Colombian.

The coffee was really good, strong but not overly so and it didn't need any sweetener. I first ordered a Latte, and next a mocha and each one was made with attention to detail and you could see the love put into each cup.

We also tried several of the doughnuts which were excellent. Maybe not the best vegan doughnuts i've ever had but they get extra points for creative and amazing flavors such as Pina Colada. We also tried the chocolate doughnut, and the cinnamon doughnut and each was delicious.

I know that whenever I visit Montreal this will be my morning coffee place. The atmosphere is great, and the people were friendly too which makes it all the better.

Pros: Great Coffee, and Desserts , Fair Prices , Friendly Staff

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pourquoi Pas Espresso Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.