Polanco Restaurant

828-575-2576

10 N Market St, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a separate vegan menu, and the food is cooked in separate kitchen area to avoid cross contamination. Owner is the chef. Open Tue 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri 11:00am-2:00am, Sat 12:00pm-2:00am, Sun 3:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Jeffblack3

Horrible - Edit

We recently traveled to Asheville to see a concert. We were very excited to try this restaurant that boasts a separate Vegan menu. Hostess was very warm and inviting as was the atmosphere. Our server was also very nice but as we inquired about what types of beer he had he pretty much said they were out of everything but PBR. So, fine no problem. I had a Margarita and my husband a PBR. He took forever to bring our drinks. Anyway, all down hill from there. We waited at least 30 minutes for our food. We specifically asked for vegan and I know he served my husband pork. The food was mediocre at best and our bill was $96.00. I hate to give a bad review but I would not recommend this place to a Vegan famly or anyone for that matter.

Pros: The have good Margaritas

This place is fantastic and warm - Edit

Polanco is one of the best restaurants we have experienced. We tried last year to swing by but weren’t able. Finally, this trip we easily got a table. The chef himself sat us (unbeknownst to us at the time) and our waiter was with us right away. They immediately ask if you would like to see the vegan/vegetarian menu which is extensive. We ordered several plates to share which were all mind blowing. The empanadas, mole rojo, cauliflower and Father of nachos OH MAN. The chef was very friendly and spoke to each table regularly. He was very passionate about providing vegan options to people and creating new dishes based on his upbringing and background. The whole experience was awesome but the food... I, hands down, dream about this place now. I’d give 5 stars but as it isn’t fully vegan, happycow restricts me from doing so.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly , Extensive vegan options

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Polanco Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.