Plant

• Friend
Contact 828-258-7500

165 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Vegan restaurant in Asheville featuring local, seasonal, and organic scratch-made food from the earth. The multi-cultural menu includes raw, gluten-free, and house-made infused soda, bread, dessert, non-dairy ice cream and cheese. All beer and wine are vegan. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by Ann Leitgeb

Perfect vegan meal - Edit

To start I had the fried plantain with soured cream, hot sauce, spring onions and Maldon seasalt. My main was a sensational seitan chile con queso with a tamale gordo, grilled farm squash, coriander mojo and pickled pink onions. Dessert was peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. All of this was sensational. Good value and professional service. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Pros: Stunning food, Lovely patio, Fresh ingredients

Amazing Food - Edit

I went to Asheville and I had a great dinner at Plant, everything was delicious, the entrees and the desserts.
Favors are incredible and so tasty and the service very helpful and nice. Looking for come back when I'm in the area.

Pros: everything

Cons: none

Incredible! - Edit

Stopped here while visiting Asheville and was so impressed! Outstanding menu options, excellent service. Everything on the menu looked amazing. Their seitan was obviously house made and it was excellent. We had the cheese platter and brussels sprouts as appetizers also, and both were divine. Their strawberry ice cream was hands down the best non-dairy ice cream I've experienced.

I would recommend making a reservation if planning to go on a Saturday evening. We did not make one, and were able to get a seat at a bar-like area, which was perfectly fine, but if we'd been there any later there would have been a wait.

Oh My Goodness. - Edit

So I haven't eaten at a "Fine Dining" restaurant since before going vegan years ago. This place was incredible. It's amazing what you can do with plants. I ordered the Seitan dish, which was fried and served on top of fluffy corn cakes and drizzled in vegan queso and a cilantro sauce. There was roasted zucchini and squash accompanying the dish. It was INCREDIBLE. We really wanted to try the cheese platter as an app because we had heard so many good things about it, but they had sold out for the night (we went late, our fault) so we'll have to get it next time. My husband ordered an Indian inspired dish, we honestly don't know what it was, but it was delicious as well. The service was quick and unintrusive. I definitely recommend!
Updated from previous review on Monday April 11, 2016

Pros: Everything vegan, Good atmosphere, Large portions

Cons: A lil pricey for the main dishes, But worth it!

Great Food!!! - Edit

Went here with my husband and his parents today. The food was great. My husband and I are vegans and his parents are meat-eaters... so we were looking for a place to show off how good vegan food can be. :D Plant did just that. :D We all loved the food. The wait staff was very nice and very helpful. We cannot wait to go there again. We are so happy to find a great vegan place. :D

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

Great Food - Edit

The food was wonderful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My wife and I brought my non-vegan parents. It was their first visit to a vegan restaurant and they raved about how delicious the food was!

Pros: Great Food, Great Knowledgable Staff

Terrific place for a celebration. - Edit

I went her to celebrate my anniversary, and it was the perfect place to have a nice dinner. Yes, it is an expensive restaurant, but worth it for what you get. My boyfriend is not vegan, so we are always trying several types of places. He was so impressed with both the vegan cheese and the gluten free bread. It was incredible. I just wanted to order three more cheese plates and call it a date. Both of our entrees were also excellent. Along with the drinks. By the way, they have a beet cocktail and it is the bees knees.

This Food is Magic - Edit

My husband and I ate dinner at Plant, tonight, on New Years Eve and this meal was so incredible it made up for all of the horrors of 2015, which was a year that tried to kill us. The man who owns/creates the meals is a magical artist genius food creator. Go there. You will smile.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Delicious and fun - Edit

The wait staff were friendly and welcoming. The menu was a little confusing; it's not divided into appetizers and entrees, and the dish descriptions are a little vague, but we figured it out with some help from our server. Everything was delicious and the whole family cleared their plates! We even found room for dessert-- the ice creams and cakes are some of the best we've had. We're so glad we found this lovely restaurant!

Pros: Friendly, Flavors and varieties, Desserts!

Cons: Small dining room

The Best Food for Everybody - Edit

Creative Chef Jason and his team always put together colorful, artistic and extremely delicious. Don't even hesitate coming here and bring all your omni friends. Cheese plate is crazy good, and he is a masterful dessert chef!

Pros: Convenient and Friendly, Great Service, Awesome Flavors

Cons: Sparse decor

My Favorite Asheville Restaurant - Edit

I have eaten at Plant many times and it never disappoints. Delicious and creative menu and lovely presentation. Great service too. Don't miss it.

Pros: Creative Cuisine, All Vegan, Wonderful Desserts

Absolutely incredible!! - Edit

LOVE this restaurant!! The food was out of this world. Presentation was perfect. Really liked the feel of this place. Stopped here while on a road trip and so glad we did.

Here's what we had: [Plant] Cheese (aged cashew, farmer's involtini, rosemary amber & fruit, pickled vegetables, black garlic oil, focaccia). Really enjoyed this dish.
Smashed Avocado Caesar Salad (local lettuces, roasted carrots, red onion, royal bacon, pine nuts, dill caesar dressing). I felt a little let down with this dish because I was expecting more of a true Caesar taste, but it was still very tasty.
Mushroom & Noodle (mixed mushrooms, delicata squash, eggplant, bok choy, ponzu broth, cucumber and celery, herbs). WOW!! This was my favorite!
Blackout Pie (cookie crust, chocolate peanut butter fudge, berry sauce, pecan ice cream). SO decadent!
Pumpkin Crème Brûlée (almond horchata, butter wafer, scuppernong). Yum!!

The only thing negative I have to say is they were pretty skimpy on the wine and we were charged $9 for a very small glass. We noticed a couple other diners had their glasses topped off more than ours were. Definitely not a deal breaker though. We would certainly go back.

yummy adults night out - Edit

My brief review is Yes! Went out for an adult night with local friends and loved the decor that was a little more upscale than the crunchy vegan cafes you might know. Food was really good! Thai broccoli and beet app were awesome. Go. Enjoy!

Great experience, fantastic! - Edit

We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience here! The food was fantastic, great presentation, very flavorful and just plain delicious! My meal was the most well balanced dish that I've ever had at any vegan restaurant, period! No single ingredient overpowered the dish but the combined ingredients were excellently and exquisitely executed. My wife's meal was equally as great and a real treat as a truly great gluten free and vegan dish. We highly recommend and we'll be back the next time we're in the Asheville area!

Pros: great flavor, presentation , fantastic service , well executed top quality food

Cons: none, well maybe one....too far from Florida!

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Plant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 19116 times.