Pizza Plant

• Veg-friendly

Serves meat, vegan options available. Long-established pizzeria. Quirky environment and a busy menu. Known for its pizza pods, and some dishes can be personalized to one's taste. Offer soy-free vegan cheese for pods, pizza, or sandwiches; has faux sausage and chicken, a vegan chili.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jillian

Decent place - Edit

This place had lots of options for everyone including me. My sons were very happy with the pizza and I had a veggie wingy dingy pod. We did also try the spinach artichoke dip but we didn't care for that.
There are so many options, we will definitely go back. The only complaint I would have is we had to practically beg for refills. The waiter did not get the hint when we left empty glasses on the end of the table. Otherwise, the service was good.

Pros: Lots of choices, Nice atmosphere

Cons: No refills without asking

Not impressed - Edit

We traveled over 115 miles r/t to try this place. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. We liked the fun, loud atmosphere, and the staff was nice and courteous. I asked which crust the server liked better -- white or whole wheat. She recommended the whole wheat. So we ordered a large (17") vegan cheese with mock-sausage. What arrived was more like a cracker crust -- nothing remotely resembling NY-style pizza. The sausage was tasteless -- just chewy kinda nothing. The cheese was yummy, being they use Daiya. The sauce was mildly sweet. Overall, not impressed, especially for the price -- they consider the cheese and the sausage "specialty" items so total cost was over $30! So, disappointing food and expensive...too bad.

Pros: atmosphere, pleasant servers, fun menu

Cons: cracker-style crust pizza, expensive

Vegan cheese, lots of options - Edit

Some of the reviews here were correct when they were written years ago -- the soy cheese used to have casein. Now they use vegan cheese, and there are a lot of options available for vegans. Their specialty is the pizza "pod," which is like a calzone, and you can get all sorts of fillings, like tofu, vegan sausage, and veggies. They have really good gazpacho, veggie burgers, veggie "wings," veggie chili, salads, and usually have vegan desserts such as vegan cheesecake. It's a great family-friendly place with a huge craft beer selection for the adults.

Pretty good - Edit

I've gone here several times and like it. Lots of vegan options that are clearly marked! I always enjoy my meal and there's something for everyone in my family here. I've ordered the personal size vegan pizza and the pods with daiya cheese and veggies.

Pros: variety of vegan options, nice atmosphere

Liked it - Edit

This was a great place to go with my non-vegan family because usually at pizza places there's not much I can eat. I had the pizza pod with "soy cheese" (it's daiya) & veggies. I saw quite a lot of veg menu options like chili, veggie wings, and vegan cheesecake which are all marked by carrots. The atmosphere is nice and the staff was friendly.

Pros: daiya and soy meat available, option for whole wheat crust, friendly staff

Vegan options, menu slightly confusing - Edit

My family have been going here regularly for the past 10 years. There is an outstanding beer selection and plenty of vegetarian options. There is also a kids menu and plenty to keep them occupied (pizza dough, crayons). As a new vegan, I was happy to discover that there was a "vegan menu" upon request. However, it wasn't really a menu,, just a list of vegan ingredients. I needed to compare it to the menu in order to come up with some possible options and then rely on the server to help me decipher it all. Therein lies the problem. The service is very inconsistent, and I really didn't feel comfortable with the server's menu knowledge. That said, if you are a bit more assertive than I, you can enjoy a really good meal and beer here!

Pros: Vegan options, Great beer selection, Family friendly

Cons: Confusing vegan menu

Over-prived hipster nonsense - Edit

$25 for a pizza with daiya cheese and mushrooms. The crust was the worst crust I have ever had: thin and brittle, and it tasted like a precooked grocery store crust. If you are into really poor service from college drop-out hipsters, then you'll love this place. If you are looking for vegan pizza in Buffalo, get a cheeseless pizza loaded with veggies from DiMarcos. You'll pay a lot less and you'll actually be able to stomach it.

Pros: Have Daiya

Cons: Idiot Hipster Staff, Very Expensive, Tastes Crappy

Neat place - Edit

We were looking for a quick place to get a late lunch. The one vegetarian restaurant "palace of dosas" was closed for some hours during the day, so we chose "Pizza Plant" instead. We were promptly seated, ordered and received their 'pizza pods' with good service. The food was hot and tasty - the 'great sauce' on the side was a plus as well.

Pros: prompt attention, interesting decor, vegan desert items

Cons: expensive

No Vegan Options - Edit

Unless you are willing to eat only a garden salad, there are no vegan options. The soy cheese contains casein which is a milk protein. I have eaten here a few times and the first times the staff assured me the soy cheese is vegan. It isn't. The food quality varies with each visit. Sometimes the crust isn't fully cooked. Twice I have asked for wheat crust and gotten white. If you are a vegetarian who isn't very strict, this would be good for you.

Pros: Beer, Patio

Cons: Casein

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

I love Pizza Plant! They have several vegan dishes on the menu, and others (like the pods) can be completely customized for vegans and vegetarians. (One word of caution: One of the waitresses - who is also vegan - told me that the soy cheese contains casein.) I love their gazpacho (without the croutons or cheese), the "whings", and the pods. One night I was there they even had vegan cheesecake which was out of this world. A great place for vegans and vegetarians who just want pizza and wings with a beer on a Friday night.

Pros: Food, Beer list

Cons: Soy Cheese

mmm! - Edit

Delicious food! There are many vegan options. The curried nachoes made vegan are awesome. The service is usually pretty slow because the place is mobbed and everything is made fresh. Never go when there is a sports game on TV.

Pros: soy cheese, Vegan chili!, vegan nachos!

Cons: slow service, expensive

I Ate at Pizza Plant - Edit

Pizza Plant isn't so great. They offer soy cheese, tofu, and a veg "whings" appetizer, which is amazing because you can feel like a normal person and eat at a pizza place. The drawback is that everything is expensive. I got a soy cheese "pod" with two ingredients and a spinach crust and it weighed in at just under $20. The crust on the inside tasted raw and the sauce was too sweet.

Pros: Soy Cheese, Tofu

Cons: Too Expensive!, Poorly Cooked Food!, Sweet Pizza Sauce!

Yay for junk food! - Edit

A good place to go if you want to take a break from healthy vegan food. I ordered the garlic bread with soy cheese (the waitress SWORE the soy cheese was vegan). It was excellent. Stay away from the mock meats, though. Something about the seasoning of the soysage is off. It was actually kind of gross.

Pros: vegan cheese, inexpensive

Return to Williamsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizza Plant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1878 times since Aug 2007.