First Review by soopernish

Unhappy with the food and the experience - Edit

Eating at Pita Vera prompted me to write this review. I've eaten at many Middle Eastern restaurants, including some in the Middle East, and this was the worst food by far. The food was very non-traditional, and the salad ingredients seemed to come straight from the can or the jar. The Foul Medames (which means mashed in Arabic), seemed to be simply a can of fava beans opened and seasoned. The seasoning in and of itself wasn't bad, but the lack of effort was apparent. The overall feeling I came away with was that whoever was cooking really didn't care about the food. It was sloppily thrown together with low quality ingredients, and was not in the least satisfying. If I could offer advice to the owner, it would be to improve your ingredients, your recipes, and your presentation. I know this is a college town restaurant, but please take more pride in what you produce.

Cons: Poor Value, Poor Quality, Bad Presentation

A few good options - Edit

There are a few good options here. I usually get the foul medames wrap and salad with house dressing. The hummus is also really good. The food is good and filling and inexpensive. There is a lot of seating available.

Pros: Good value, Good food

Return to Blacksburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pita Vera closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1123 times since Oct 2007.