Pho Kapa'a

808-823-6868

4-831 Kuhio Hwy (at Safeway Shopping Ctr, Kauai), Kapaa, Hawaii, USA, 96746

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Vietnamese makes a vegetarian pho with veggies and tofu. Can make a dish with tofu instead of meat when requested, including summer rolls, stir fry, and lemongrass tofu.

Category: Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by JuliaOneLove

Tasteless food and found meat in my veggie dish! - Edit

We visited this restaurant twice. The first time, the owner greeted us and the service was good and one of the dishes was decent the stir fry but the pho was totally tasteless. I had to add all kinds of sauces and chilli to make it taste like anything. The second time we thought we'd skip the pho veggie and order the tofu stir fry instead. This time the stir fry tasted awful - the veggies were undercooked, there was no flavor with very little tofu and I also found MEAT in my dish! Plus the service was terrible - the owner wasn't there. So I have to give this restaurant a poor review. Sorry guys got to keep the food and service consistent to deserve 5 stars! Don't go there - not worth it!

Cons: Found meat in my veggie dish

Cheap and Okay Vegan Eats - Edit

I love pho and it's a real treat to find a place that has a vegan broth option. Pho Kapa'a has just that. It's far from the best veggie pho I've ever had, it's a little bland but you can always doctor it up with the usual condiments - but I was grateful for a big hot bowl of broth, noodles, tofu, and veggies at a decent price. We also got the green papaya salad minus the meat and summer rolls with tofu. All was okay, not the best I've ever had, but still comforting and good enough.

The menu does not delineate which items can be made vegan, but the host was very accommodating and was able to suggest vegan options.

Not fancy, a little restaurant in a strip mall, but you can get two apps and two bowls of pho for a little over $30.

Return to Kapaa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pho Kapa'a closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.