Petit Marche Vege

• Vegetarian
Contact 514 279-5678

7057-1 Saint-Denis (at Jean-Talon), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2S 2S5

Vietnamese food shop and counter. Offers banh mi sandwiches with vegan faux meats, prepared meals to-go like noodles and tofu, Vietnamese crepes, tapioca pudding, salads. Also sells a few ingredients like vegan fish sauce, mushroom powder, rice powder, Golden mountain sauce, Gardein products.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by Babette

Perfection - Edit

I had the most blissful moment of my life at this place. Words are useless in trying to articulate the beauty of the sandwiches, which have my heart and my stomach eternally.

The main menu is simple, offering 4 soups, and 4 sandwiches (they also offer a variety of other refrigerated foods, and frozen selections - as other commentators have mentioned).

I ordered the BBQ Gluten sandwich first, upon recommendation from the lovely staff. They were absolutely right in the suggestion, as that ended up being my favourite. It was so delicious though, that I went back for seconds...and then thirds.

In order of my preference (very hard to decipher as all are delicious): the BBQ Gluten, Bean Curd, and Tofu Curry. All on warm, crisp footlong banquets, all vegan. Each $4 FLAT. I didn't have the room to try the 4th, both I have not doubt it would be just as good.

The cheapest, and tastiest food I've ever had. Come to Montreal and eat these.

(My friend also got the pho, which was a large helping, and also well received. He preferred the sandwiches though.)

Pros: Unreal taste, Great price, Quick, friendly, service

Cons: Not really a con, but not much seating & not fancy, You'll want to eat it all and never stop

great food and amazing service! - Edit

We go here regularly and are so happy to have this place in our neighbourhood. It authentic and delicious! I recommend the Lemongrass soup. Make sure you mention you're vegan because some noodles contain eggs. The staff is very aware and accommodating. There are a few vegan desserts too.

The place is also a tiny food market where you can buy authentic ingredients as well as gardein products and local vegan cheeses.

The place is very casual and offers great prices. We often will go for a weeknight dinner and then get take out sandwiches and desserts for lunch the next day. Highly recommended!

Authentic Vietnamese Food - Edit

i do agree that it is difficult to find authentic Asian food and yet vegetarian. Was very happy that we happened to pass by here. I don't know whether they make their own bread. But the baguette for the submarine was better than what sometimes you bought in a bakery. The sandwich was ok. The noodle soup was freshly made. The owner said the lemon spicy and sour soup was popular. But, i shared with my young kids (1, 3, 5 yo) and they don't like spicy stuff. The noodle soup was exactly as in my memory of those i eaten in Vietnam. I would hope to have more vege in the soup though. Asian vegetarian is sometimes loaded with mock meats, so this might not be the place for some people. There were only 4 tables which can sit 12 people altogether inside. One small outdoor table for two. No highchair or boaster for kids. No menu, what you see at the sandwich counter plus 2-3 noodle soups were your choice. Loved the 3 colours coconut milk dessert ($2, in the fridge, help it yourself). We had 1 big noodle soup, 1 small noodle soup, 1 standard sandwich and the dessert for $25. I am impressed that 9 people would eat at $65 with left over! (As per the review below.)

Pros: Authentic, Location: near metro, jean talon market

Cons: Not as much selection, Atmosphere

Excellent Vietnamese food, great value for money - Edit

This place only opened about two months ago. It is primarily a place for Vietnamese take-out and grocery items but they do have 1-2 tables if you want to eat-in. The soup is is freshly made and delicious! The banh mi (Vietnamese submarine sandwich) is excellent and filling. There are numerous other prepared take-out dishes, desserts, drinks, grocery items etc. Petit Marche Vege offers exceptional value for money. 9 of us ate until we were stuffed for $65, and we had leftovers! They might use regular mayonnaise for some of the banh mi, so make sure to ask for the vegan mayonnaise.

Vegan Vietnamese food is not that easy to find so this is a fantastic and welcome addition.

Pros: Delicious and fresh food, large portions, Very inexpensive, Friendly owners

Cons: Might use egg in some dishes - check, Limited seating

Cheap yet delicious banh mi - Edit

This place opened recently and sells very filling banh mi for 3,50 $ only. You have the choice between bbq, curry and yuba banh mi. Note : For a vegan banh ni, request the vegetarian tofu mayonnaise.

There is also soup and lots of homemade dishes you can get over there, plus a vast array of homemade and standard fake meats (Gardein, Yves, etc.).

Pros: excellent value, good food, quick service

Cons: décor

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Petit Marche Vege closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2654 times since Jul 2014.