Contact 860-379-8327

526 Main St, New Hartford, Connecticut, USA, 06057

Serves meat, vegan options available. This tea room, cafe, and herbal shop offers 100+ teas. Other drinks include coffee and smoothies. Many veg items such as a house-made veggie burger, tempeh reuben, daily soup, vegan cupcake, and black bean brownies. Has gluten-free desserts. Has Wi-Fi, open mic and live music - see website. Wed 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm, Thu 10:00am-8:00pm, Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Krexent

Great vegan baked goods - Edit

Stopped by to grab some vegan baked goods while driving through. The spiced pumpkin cupcake was amazing, perhaps the best cupcake I've ever had. It was moist and flavorful and really satisfying.

About half the bakery goods were vegan which brought me great delight. I will certainly visit this place when I'm in the area in the future, hopefully to try out a full meal.

Pros: Food

vegan, vegetarian, gluten free goodness - Edit

BreAth of fresh air. Healthy, local, organic nourishing food! Suggest the delicious tempeh Ruben or the veggie burger! Homemade soups made daily. Live music on Sunday afternoons and open mic night on Friday evenings. Great atmosphere for the whole family. 140+ teas and herbs to choose from! Awesome location.

Lovely, lovely experience - Edit

The place is charming, friendly, cheerful, the staff is attentive and very nice. The food is very good, lots of choices for vegetarians and gluten free eaters. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Pros: healthy choices, cheerful atmostphere, friendly staff

Fresh, energetic cafe - Edit

What a fabulous experience having an early Friday dinner at Passiflora. Although it was close to closing time when we arrived, the owner & worker energetically welcomed us in, and were 100% knowledgeable about vegan items and recommendations. We sampled the tempeh reuben & homemade burger sandwiches- both were excellent, and the burger was so clearly fresh and organic. We opted for the sourdough flax bread from the local Bantam Bakery, and it was delicious. The sandwiches came with a side of roasted root vegetables, which tasted fresh & local with the perfect seasonings. We ordered a side salad that was fresh, with the house ginger sesame dressing that was delicious enough to sip.

The tea menu was extensive & satisfying. We tried a Passiflora blend called "Joy" that was truly joyful, and a chai with almond milk that was tasty. For dessert we were treated with the matcha tea cupcake- it was the best cupcake I can remember eating in my adulthood. We also drank a smoothie that was specially created for our requests- chocolate almond milk with coconut and frozen banana and decaf espresso- the best smoothie I can remember as well!

I am looking forward to a return to Passiflora, and hope to spend more time lounging in the comfortable seats in the pretty atmosphere, sipping tea, playing games, and browsing the various positive affirmation decks on the cafe tables. The cafe was sparkling clean, bright, and full of warm energy.

Pros: Fresh local delicious food, friendly helpful knowledgeable staff, plenty of vegan options

Cons: so far away from me!, closing time is 7 pm Fridays

A vegan's review, after many visits - Edit

One of the best places in the area to consistently offer a large variety of vegan options. Almost always one or more desserts, a soup, several entrees, and sides such as kale salad. Top it off with excellent, friendly service, reasonable prices, and an incredible selection of tea, it's one of my favorite places for lunch in the area.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Vegan friendly

Cons: Serves meat

Return to New Hartford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Passiflora closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1185 times since Jun 2011.