Park + Vine

• Friend
  • Vegan
Contact 513-721-7275

1202 Main St, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45202

Park + Vine is an all-vegan, green general store, that harbors a delectable lunch and dinner counter. The restaurant caters to all types of eaters and features soups, salads, side dishes, kombucha on tap, local baked goods, and a line-up of sandwiches including a hot and juicy reuben, buffalo tofu sandwich, a tempeh toonah melt, gyro-style pita, and rotating burgers. A one-stop shop for delicious food and other necessities such as bulk foods, beer and wine, natural baby and parenting wares, and composting and cleaning supplies.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by anaveryisland

Park n Vine: Healthy, fun to explore - Edit

I'm a new vegan since the start of 2016. I never went to an all vegan store, but this place is great for discovering all the things and brands you can still buy! The food here ranges from decent to awesome; their goetta is savory and satisfying, and better than sausage goetta (accidentally consumed some at Taste of Belgium because I thought it was a cheese). Pancakes were not worth getting, which is disappointing because I think that's an easy food to veganify. But their mac n cheese and cheesy, garlicky potatoes are to die for. They taste like real cheese! I say that as someone who has hated every brand of vegan cheese I've tried so far: follow your heart, daiya, and even chao slices. I only wish there were more places to sit! I noticed the workers there are laidback and extremely informative about what they sell and cook.

Pros: Everything is vegan!, Burgers change week to week, Vegan cheese is INCREDIBLE

Cons: Products for sale are easily found at Krogers for

I love their food! - Edit

The food is delicious. Very filling, generous portions. Sometimes you have to wait quite a bit for your meal, but you can call ahead. I love the fact that you can have your meal delivered by bike courier if you are within a certain radius. Everything is vegan. Such a treat!

Pros: delicious food

Cons: not open for dinner

Inconsistent - Edit

My first trip to park and vine was good. I ordered the GF pancakes (which was supposed to come with fruit but didn't) which were good. However there is a major ventilation problem here. I'm not too keen on leaving a cafe reeking of various food smells and smoke. I could barely keep my eyes open they were sting so bad. I really wanted to like them so I gave them a second shot. The ventilation was still really bad and the vegan eggs benedict I ordered was not good. The hollandaise sauce was overly tart and that flavor took over the whole dish. So, I wiped my watery eyes and drank a ton of water to get the tart taste out of my mouth never to return again. I feel like every time I go to a cafe/store I'm disappointed. Don't have ass two things whole ass one people :)

Good food! - Edit

I got a burger and the Mac and cheese. The Mac and cheese was probably one of the best I've ever had - not necessarily cheesy but it had a great flavor and texture. I got the gluten free bread with the burger and it was great as well. Overall, good food. There is also a little market area with vegan staples (soy milk, cookies, frozen foods, bulk bins) and a store with books and gifts. If I'm ever back in Cincinnati I will definitely go there again.

My new favorite cafe/store - Edit

This is my favorite place to eat vegan in Cincinnati. The sandwiches are unbelievably delicious and the salads are phenomenal. No matter what you choose, you can't go wrong. I love the kombacha and even though I make my own I can't understand how they get it so wonderfully carbonated. They have every day items there for all of your vegan cooking needs. They also have personal care items and household items. They have a small but well-stocked bulk food section. I love their clearance room. It's hard for me to walk out of there without buying a bunch of items. If you get on their mailing list, they will send you a coupon for purchases. This is a gem in Cincinnati in a wonderful upcoming neighborhood.

Pros: Delicious food, All vegan, they have bicycle delivery , Generous portions

Cons: Only open for lunch and brunch on Sunday

lovely spot downtown for a snack or lunch - Edit

I was traveling and found Park and Vine thanks to Happy Cow. It is a small but wonderful place in downtown with a nice staff. Very cute, with half the shop an eco-store with some nice gifts or items for your home, and the other half is a few vegan grocery shelves with some choice products and the cafe with a few tables. I bought some Go Max Go vegan candy bars that are hard to find elsewhere and then ordered some lunch - a reuben (the "Elsie") with a side of GF mac&cheese! The menu is limited but delicious, all made to order. I wish I could have stayed for the weekend brunch! They also had some locally made desserts - pies, cookies, etc.

Pros: all vegan, downtown, very friendly staff

Cons: small menu

What a (pleasant) surprise - Edit

I was in Cincinnati for a work project this past week, and trying to find gluten-free vegan choices downtown wasn't that easy unless you just want a salad with some of the toppings picked off. I found this place on the HC app, but saw that they stop serving food at 3:00. I couldn't walk that far and back during my lunch break, so I called to see if I could order something off their lunch menu, have them just stick it in the fridge and let me pick it up after 5:00. They were happy to oblige. I was in a rush ordering and told the guy, just give me whatever's good and gluten-free. He suggested their Veggie Sandwich on GF bread and the "Wanda" salad. It didn't look that amazing when I picked it up, but when I got back to my hotel room and dug in, I was in heaven. It was a kale salad with carrots, sunflower seeds, cranberries, onions I think, and this delicious green vegan dressing all over it, and a grilled or roasted eggplant sandwich with red onions done in a light balsamic reduction sauce with a piece of probably roasted tofu that I thought was cheese. I actually called the store to make sure it wasn't cheese, thinking maybe I had misunderstood when I ordered. Best meal I had in Cincinnati all week!

Pros: Delicious food, Gluten free options, Nice vibe

Cons: Lunch only, Remote from hotels?

Love this place! - Edit

Great place to shop and visit! Quite a bit of organic baking supplies and flours, plenty of cleaning products,and reusable menstrual pads/menstrual cups (Three different brands.)
Everyone is super nice! They are very laid back and friendly. Haven't gotten a chance to try the food yet but thats my next visit! HIGHLY Recomend
(Also, yes, its slightly pricey, but their prices are the same as Kroger's for pretty much every product there is. You really won't find this stuff cheaper anywhere else, in my experience.)

Pros: everythings vegan!

cute store, all vegan - Edit

We stumbled upon this gem of a store, looking for vegan ice cream. A yelp review said there was a phrozen ice cream store, but instead the address led us here, instead. They had pints of phrozen, a local vegan ice cream, and all things vegan. They had some cute local artisanal chocolate, too, that I can't wait to try. Also recommended is the Hop Crisis beer.

Pros: variety, friendly staff

Cons: pricy

Great employees, awesome food - Edit

We really enjoy eating and shopping at Park + Vine. The employees/ownership understands the community and is involved. My husband and I enjoyed lunch there a couple of times and everything was fresh and delicious. I loved their raw kale and they offered a soup one day that was great! I like that their menu changes out so there's always something new. Arrive early for lunch b/c sometimes the daily specials sell out quickly. We tried to get vegan hot dogs once and were told they were gone. :( We joined their email list (I'd recommend this if you live in Cincinnati) and we were invited to an ice cream social. It featured vegan ice cream and brownies/pie, and everything was phenomenal. That's the type of event you don't get invited to every day, and it makes Park + Vine unique and very appealing. We will continue to support this business!

Pros: Neighborhood feel, Great food, Nice variety of grocery/health items

Cons: Need more food when advertising specials

Nice shop - Edit

I enjoyed a vegan sausage for Bock fest at Park + Vine and was pleased with their selection of hard-to-find, Eco-friendly and vegan items. Purchases included a stainless steel counter top kitchen scrap bin, humane mouse trap and organic cotton socks. They also offered a nice discount for bringing a reusable bag.

Pros: Friendly staff, great product assortment, deli counter

A wonderful niche - Edit

This store is incredible. Not only do they carry a good slew of hard-to-find vegan products (including mock marshmallows, Daiya cheese, and some cool raw stuff) but a wide of variety of green-living items and tools, cool bike-related merchandise, and baby/kid things too! It's seriously like an all-in-one store for the eco-conscious-vegan-hippie-whatever. Perhaps a little cliche or 'too cool', like something you'd expect to see if "Stuff White People Like," but in a store where I can buy compostable silverware, a circuit board notebook, Dandies Marshmallows (by Chicago Soydairy), and a ton of local, hand-made food and craft from Ohio, I can't complain. Definitely check out Park+Vine if you are in Cincy.

Pros: green, vegan, bike stuff

Great for browsing - Edit

Park & Vine is a cute little store, with products ranging from eco friendly paint
to reusable diapers. They have a little bit of everything, including a fridge that houses your basics as well as some snacks. There is also a rack of dry foods and such. Great if you live in the downtown area and run out of tempeh. Definitely pricey! As are most specialty stores, but fun to visit none the less.

Pros: Great for gift buying, Carries local kombucha!

Cons: Slooow Service, Pricey!

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Park + Vine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2779 times since Jan 2010.