Palace International

919-416-4922

1104 A Broad St , Durham, North Carolina, USA, 27705

Serves meat, vegan options available. African cuisine restaurant operated by a Kenyan family since 1989. Vegan choices include dengu na chapati (lentil curry), veggie karanga (vegetable curry), maharagwe ya nazi (kidney beans), and ground nutbutter curry. Also find veggie samosa, plantain, and a few other veg sides. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Africa, Non-veg

First Review by turtleveg

Flavorful Vegan Options - Edit

Vegan options are clearly labeled. Food has a great taste and reasonable prices. The meal was healthy and wholesome so I would visit again if I was in Durham. Staff is friendly.

Pros: labeled vegan options

a Durham gem! - Edit

I am lucky to live just 3 blocks from Palace Int'l. and although I don't go as often as I should, I always enjoy it. The owners and their family are always very welcoming, and the food is delicious. For some reason, they haven't gotten much buzz locally among vegans in Durham but I hope that changes soon! They label veg/vegan on the menu and staff are knowledgeable. I love all 4 of the vegan entrees but the green lentil curry dish is probably my favorite, followed closely by the groundnut butter curry. The portions are good sized and filling. They are located just a few blocks from Duke east campus, next to Joe Van Gogh on Broad St.

Pros: delicious vegan options, very friendly and helpful staff

Return to Durham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Palace International closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.