La Hoja Verde

• Vegetarian
Contact 984563260

Av. Tulum Manzana 2 Lote 1 Local 2 (at Calle Beta), Tulum, Mexico, 77780

Vegetarian food cafe formerly known as Pachelle. The menu includes falafel and hummus, veggie burger, soy tacos, vegetable burrito, salads, and french fries; uses dairy. Has Wi-Fi. In 2016 relocated from Beta Sur near corner Avenida Tululm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Mexican

First Review by saul cups

slow service, unimaginitive food, out of dishes - Edit

We went twice to this restaurant in January. Both times, the service was very slow (even by local standards), drinks we ordered never came, and the food (a burger and the mezze plate) was underwhelming (but fine). The second time, we ordered pizzas, waited for 15 minutes, and were told they were out of pizzas so we left. An OK option if you're stuck for something vegan to eat, but not recommended beyond that considering the other outstanding restaurants in the area.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Pleasant location, Nice decor

Cons: Slow service, Out of ingredients, Disappointing dishes

Great Veggie food - Edit

Great food. Excellent prices. Prices were way lesser than on the Tulum beach road. Lots of options in the menu. They have a free appetizer during each meal and its prepared by the chef fresh daily. We loved the coconut ceviche, guacamole, pizza and the freshly squeezed juices here. Highly recommended and my favorite veggie place in Tulum.

Pros: Plenty of options, Low price, Friendly staff

Tasty Vegetarian Fare - Edit

This restaurant is centrally located in Tulum and has delicious though deceptively simple vegetarian/vegan dishes. My family and I visited on Easter Sunday 2015. My husband is vegan and my children and I are vegetarian. We really enjoyed the smoothies we ordered - Uncle Bob, Green Leaf and Mango Lassi. The apps were simple though tasty: pita and hummus (4 times the amount of hummus that could be eaten with provided pita) and yucca fries. For entrees we ordered a falafel burger with a salad and ratatouille with seasonal vegetables, rice and black sesame seeds that was truly delicious. The cheesecake dessert was also outstanding. The restaurant is outdoors under an awning with beautiful artwork and objects on display. On our next trip to Tulum we will definitely visit La Hoja Verde again.

Vegan delight in Tulum, Mexico - Edit

We have been looking for this place per Google map and by chance found the new location as we were walking on the main street of this developing tourist destination.
As we walked in the owner noded and a bit later brought us a book on 101 Best Vegan recepies to look at while we waited for our Multi grain burger and Quinoa Risotto at this special place on side street in Tulum village.

Pros: Vegan & Vegetarian option in Mexico, Freshly cooked with lot of heart, Commitment as all staff is Vegetarians

Cons: Quantity, Quality, Consistancy

Great Vegan Food - Edit

We enjoyed our dinners at "Verde" restaurant. All of the food was made to order, with fresh ingredients. The presentation of our entrees was excellent. We ordered drinks, entrees and dessert. All of the food tasted great. Any demanding vegan or vegetarian will be happy with the food options.

Frank, the owner, is a nice guy. It is easy to realize that he really cares about what he serves and he has a respect for good food and an appreciation for animal rights and environmental issues. We need for people like Frank in this world and more restaurants like Verde.

I highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Tulum.

Pros: Great food, healthy food, nice owner

Cons: none

If she's not kissing in the kitchen ;) - Edit

Great deep fried food with salad and fries. Also nice juices and vegan deserts. You'll never know whether she's open or not even if you follow her on FB but it's worth checking!

Almost entirely vegan! - Edit

Listed as vegetarian but this restaurant is actually almost entirely vegan! When speaking with the vegan owner she told us that she would soon remove the few non-vegan ingredients from the menu (a little bit of cheese and yoghurt)
They offer some typical mexican food such as burritos or chili sin carne and they have some vegan desserts as well (carrot cake, brownies & ice-cream for exameple)
The staff is really nice and makes you feel at ease very quickly
The place is REALLY cheap:
For 2 juices, 2 burritos and 2 carrot cakes we only paid 290 pesos!!!
In the restaurant you can also find a little donation box for the local RSPCA which I found quite cool :-)

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Nice staff, Very good value for money

Cons: Only open from 2pm

not open late - Edit

We went at 7:30pm and it was closed. Not sure they serve late suppers.

Good option! - Edit

Has vegan options. I had a burger and for dessert a ball of cocoa, very spicy and tasty!

Oxigen in tulum - Edit

Very small place where you can taste wonderful vegan burgers, falafel, juices and also vegan cakes at reasonable prices.
A breath in Tulum area.

Hoja Verde - Edit

Good food, decent price. We had the vegetarian taco and the vegan falafel sandwich with mango salsa. Staff was friendly. Definitely a restaurant that caters to expats and tourists rather than locals. Authentic Yucatecan food is best found elsewhere, but we enjoyed our meal here.

Pros: Good food, Clean, Reasonable price

Cons: Attracts yoga retreat people

Simply amazing! - Edit

Don't even bother trying to find another alternative to this one. We ate at a taco place with red walls that had some good vegetarian tacos for 2 nights before someone at the hostel recommended this place. The staff is amazing, I believe the owner is Irish and a super nice guy. He cooked up some of the nicest flavoured vegetarian trip we had during our whole trip in central america. The mexican inspired food was probably the best imo and the ingredients will be different on a day-to-day basis depending on what they have in which is perfect. Definitely worth a visit even for non-vegetarians! Thanks for filling our stomachs.

Pros: Super friendly staff, Tasty and nicely flavoured food

Super vegan food - Edit

Great value, friendly staff, amazing smoothies (choose your 3 fruit!) and great great food. The humus was splendid and the falafels just superb, i ate here three days on the trot!

Pros: Staff, Value, Choice

Great Vegetarian Option in Tulum - Edit

This was the restaurant that I spent most of my days in Tulum eating at. Since it is hard to find good vegetarian options in Mexico, I was delighted to find this lovely cosy restaurant that had many different delicious choices for me to choose from. The falafel plate has to be my favourite....the hummus there is absolutely divine and the falafels, a wonderful recipe which often had me in there for the smaller falafel pita for lunch! The veggie burgers also are superb. I would definitely recommend this tasty little eatery to anyone who is visiting Tulum...vegetarian...OR just checking it out!

Pros: Great Recipes, tasty food, Friendly staff, funky set up, good music, Amazing Smoothies

Cons: Only open from 2pm, Sometimes a wait for the food but fresh

tatsy and affordable - Edit

its great to find veggie food in tulum cos its saturated with fish and meat. this is one of the only veggie places in tulum.
We loved the falafel and the burito.
you have to come here

Pros: food, price

Good enough - Edit

Apparently Pachelle was previously known as Hungry Veggie; it is now under new management (owned, I believe, by Joseph, who is from another part of Mexico). I believe some of the mainstays from the Hungry Veggie remain, though, such as the veggie burger and falafel (the spaghetti is gone from the menu). You will also find soy tacos and a veg burrito. Overall, our experience was positive--we ended up eating here probably 4-5 times since we were staying nearby in Tulum. Being vegans, Pachelle really saved us. But I will say that the real highlights were the Mexican-themed items--the tacos and burrito, e.g. The salad also was fantastic. The falafel and hummus, however, lacked flavor and the right 'taste.' The french fries/chips also just didn't seem right. Still, I can't really fault them too much. Pachelle was our saviour in a meat/seafood-heavy town, and it's affordable, too. If you're staying in town, you'll definitely hit Pachelle more than once. Out on the beach, though, head to Restaurare for something _really_ special.

Pros: affordable, friendly staff, only strictly vegan option in Tulum town

Cons: dishes are hit or miss, portions can be on the small side

Return to Tulum Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Hoja Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2654 times since Jan 2013.