La Hoja Verde

Av. Tulum Manzana 2 Lote 1 Local 2 (at Calle Beta), Tulum, Mexico, 77780

Vegetarian food cafe formerly known as Pachelle. The menu includes falafel and hummus, veggie burger, soy tacos, vegetable burrito, salads, and french fries; uses dairy. Has Wi-Fi. Moved here 2016 from Beta Sur. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:30pm. Opens at 12pm in low season.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Mexican

First Review by saul cups

Refreshing - Edit

I just happened to come by this nice restaurant. I had the Green Leaf Platter and a juice; Fresco. The dish was very good, I especially enjoyed the falafals. The juice was more like a smoothie, but I very much enjoyed getting some fruit.

Pros: Yes, there were both vegan and and veggie options.

loved it! - Edit

Their vegetables with curry are the best I've ever had!! This place is super cute and the staff is really nice!! I also had the pizza which was delicious as well! Def a must in Tulum !!

Delicious chocolate pudding - Edit

This place has a lovely atmosphere, we went here 3 times while we were in tulum! They have a good amount of vegan choices on the menu. Some of the main meals were a bit bland, there's room for improvement there. However they do a delicious vegan chocolate fondant pudding, the best sweet thing we've had in Mexico so far.

Muy Bueno - Edit

Este restaurante lo he visitado no recuerdo cuantas veces,e s un excelente lugar la hamburguesa de semilla que tienen es fantastica y la atención del personal es sumamente buena. muy recomendable.

Pros: good value

Cons: excellent

Avoid the green juices! - Edit

Had vegan tacos which weren't bad (flavoursome, though they used fake meat/some sort of soy protein or another alternative, when I prefer fresh vegetables) but the green juice where pineapple was supposed to be the main ingredient, was terrible!! Completely flavourless with big chunks of mint floating about. Could barely take 2 sips.

Cons: terrible drinks

When you try to do everything good... - Edit

The major problem in La Hoja Verde is that they try to do too many different kinds of kitchen. They surely fail with italian ones and mexican isn't superb too. Most of the things tastes like frozen food but I don't believe it's possible cause the waiting time is quite long. Cocktails are quite good. Inside decoration and prices are like in any typical mexican bar.

Not many vegan options - Edit

I got a pizza here and the stir fry wok noodle -- the pizza was good flavor wise, but it wasn't anything special. The wok noodle a bad idea, very bland and stinky in a bad way. I was starring at the menu for a long time because I couldn't figure out what to get. They had vegan proteins for sale in their restaurant but do not use it in their menu. Nothing attractive here.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-31

Pros: Good smoothie, Convenient area

Cons: Not enough vegan options, Uses too much cheese in menu

Try the mushroom empanadas with black bean and green tomatillo sauces! - Edit

Great vegan eats for half the cost or less of the vegan options at the beach resort restaurants. My husband and I spent 425 pesos for 1 fruit smoothie, 1 small bottle of still water, 1 large salad to share, 2 entrees, 1 dessert, and 1 espresso. Delicious! It was busy on a Monday night 6:00-8 pm. Tasty, inexpensive, creative and well crafted Mexican vegan food.

Pros: Local ingredients such as cactus!, Inexpensive , Friendly service

Good eats in town - Edit

I was drawn in by the vegan tacos sign but ended up getting a burger. I was really glad I did as it was a delicious burger made
Primarily of seeds with a curry flavouring. It came with a delicious salad and chips. I was a bit dismayed that I ate some of the dip which wasn't vegan but that was quickly sorted and many apologies were made. Service was tranquillo and I enjoyed my dinner. Good place to go for the vibe and close to the main square.

Pros: Location, Tasty, Pricing

Cons: Coffee was not great, Food not quick to come out

Great Food & Service - Edit

We had a delicious dinner - the pasta, burger & empanadas were all delicious. Our waiter was fun and efficient.

Pros: outdoor eating, great music playing, yummy vegan food!

slow service, unimaginitive food, out of dishes - Edit

We went twice to this restaurant in January. Both times, the service was very slow (even by local standards), drinks we ordered never came, and the food (a burger and the mezze plate) was underwhelming (but fine). The second time, we ordered pizzas, waited for 15 minutes, and were told they were out of pizzas so we left. An OK option if you're stuck for something vegan to eat, but not recommended beyond that considering the other outstanding restaurants in the area.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Pleasant location, Nice decor

Cons: Slow service, Out of ingredients, Disappointing dishes

Great Veggie food - Edit

Great food. Excellent prices. Prices were way lesser than on the Tulum beach road. Lots of options in the menu. They have a free appetizer during each meal and its prepared by the chef fresh daily. We loved the coconut ceviche, guacamole, pizza and the freshly squeezed juices here. Highly recommended and my favorite veggie place in Tulum.

Pros: Plenty of options, Low price, Friendly staff

Good food and great breakfast + organic - Edit

They use organic veggies here in almost all dishes.
It dosent say here on the site but they do
Great menu here

Tasty Vegetarian Fare - Edit

This restaurant is centrally located in Tulum and has delicious though deceptively simple vegetarian/vegan dishes. My family and I visited on Easter Sunday 2015. My husband is vegan and my children and I are vegetarian. We really enjoyed the smoothies we ordered - Uncle Bob, Green Leaf and Mango Lassi. The apps were simple though tasty: pita and hummus (4 times the amount of hummus that could be eaten with provided pita) and yucca fries. For entrees we ordered a falafel burger with a salad and ratatouille with seasonal vegetables, rice and black sesame seeds that was truly delicious. The cheesecake dessert was also outstanding. The restaurant is outdoors under an awning with beautiful artwork and objects on display. On our next trip to Tulum we will definitely visit La Hoja Verde again.

Vegan delight in Tulum, Mexico - Edit

We have been looking for this place per Google map and by chance found the new location as we were walking on the main street of this developing tourist destination.
As we walked in the owner noded and a bit later brought us a book on 101 Best Vegan recepies to look at while we waited for our Multi grain burger and Quinoa Risotto at this special place on side street in Tulum village.

Pros: Vegan & Vegetarian option in Mexico, Freshly cooked with lot of heart, Commitment as all staff is Vegetarians

Cons: Quantity, Quality, Consistancy

delicious - Edit

easy to order vegan - delicious food - friendly staff - yummy aguas frescos drinks - casual

Great Vegan Food - Edit

We enjoyed our dinners at "Verde" restaurant. All of the food was made to order, with fresh ingredients. The presentation of our entrees was excellent. We ordered drinks, entrees and dessert. All of the food tasted great. Any demanding vegan or vegetarian will be happy with the food options.

Frank, the owner, is a nice guy. It is easy to realize that he really cares about what he serves and he has a respect for good food and an appreciation for animal rights and environmental issues. We need for people like Frank in this world and more restaurants like Verde.

I highly recommend this restaurant when you visit Tulum.

Pros: Great food, healthy food, nice owner

Cons: none

loved the food - Edit

i really enjoyed to eat there, great veggie burger and mexican dishes.

Return to Tulum Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Hoja Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.