CLOSED: One Bowl

+45-52794387

Mågevej 33, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2400

A "pay as you feel" non-profit, community restaurant where all are welcome to eat (or volunteer) regardless of one's ability to pay. Previously at Drejervej 13, moved to new address in December 2016 and currently opening every other Wednesday serving South Indian vegan and vegetarian food. Check Facebook for updates and the day's menu to see what's veg/vegan. NOTE: One Bowl is confirmed vegetarian, but shares a kitchen with a non-veg venue. Confirmed closed for relocation, Jul 2017 - please send updates.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Indian, European

First Review by konlish

Great place - Edit

I volunteered here and helped chop the vegetables. The day they had a 100% Vegan menu which was fantastic.

To volunteer you need to register. They have 2 slots.

I help chop the aubergine, bell peppers, garlic, potatoea and onions

Our menu for the day was
Broccoli and cachew nut salad
Chickpea vegetable curry
Roasted potatoes
Brinjal Bajja
White rice.

Food shall be served between 18:30 and 21:00. Cost is by donate as you feel.

About 50 or so people attended. While we were serving the smiles and anticipation of the guests was fantastic.

I definitely recommend this place. I shall volunteer again. Community kitchen is a wonderful concept and food we pay for is affordable. Not driven by profits.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly

Cons: Not vegan always.

beachman 04 Apr 2016 - I dont understand why you say how good it is and give them only 4 stars, im guessing its for having meat,can see that on a lot of your reviews, you know they have meat so you dont put them down for that. You are reviewing how good the food is not if you like meat or not. I find it strange as this place sounds very good.

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: One Bowl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.