Ohana Cafe

Contact 727-787-1234

1452 Main Street Dunedin, Ozona, Florida, USA, 34660

Serves meat, vegan options available. Outdoor pet friendly seating. Hawaiian influenced and Pacific Rim cuisine, gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options, smoothie bar. Wi-fi. Relocated from Orange St N. Tue 10:00am-4:00pm, Wed-Thu 10:00am-8:00pm, Fri 10:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm closed Monday

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Japanese, Organic, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Dawn Balusik

Wish I was here! - Edit

I was in the area for a convention, and am glad that the resort I stayed at was less than a ten minute drive away.

Getting to the restaurant at eight at night, it looked like a nice, small cafe. I bet it looks lovely during the day! After immediately getting settled into a table with my party, I ordered an orange juice, which was much better than minute maid from a bottle.

The 'Eat to Live' veggie platter is an oil-free dip made of cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, and soy milk served with raw veggies. Do not skimp out on this! If you bring family here they may be a little nervous about the 'nutritional yeast and soy milk' but it was an amazing dip I could not get enough of! They also gave extra carrots, no charge!

For my entree I ordered the organic quinoa and black bean burrito, with no pineapple because of an allergy. I loved the taste, and it had a nice crunch because of the raw spinach and cilantro, but I felt like there was too much onion. Keep in mind that I ordered it with no pineapple, so with it the taste might have been evened out, but if you are not a big fan of onion (which I am not) then make sure to order it with less or take it out completely.

Overall a great experience with wonderful food, including vegan treats, which should be adored and hopefully expanded.

Pros: Great atmosphere, The food tastes amazing, Very friendly staff

Cons: Not recommended for parties of 6+ people

amazing!!! - Edit

This place is amazing. Everything I have tried off of the menu has been plate licking delicious. They have really good healthy vegan/ vegeatarian options as well as some organic meat options from time to time. The staff is SUPER sweet, personable, and inviting. They give out hugs to the customers and make you feel like your regulars. The place is in a really cool tucked away part of the county. I take everyone here for a nice delicious healthy meal. I love the Ohana after dark which is open late at nights with different dinner menu options. They have dancers and singers sometimes. Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants.

Pros: super awesome food, super awesome staff, great location

Cons: not expensive but not cheap, theres only one restaurant! ;), limited operating hours

More than just veg-friendly!! - Edit

We found Ohana Cafe on HappyCow and we are glad we did. While there are some non-vegetarian items on the menu, the vegan and vegetarian items dominate and are not an after thought! See their menu. We stopped there after visiting Honeymoon State Park near Dunedin. We enjoyed a falafel wrap and a Sunshine Burger. We liked the lomi lomi so much as an appetizer, we ordered an quantity of it to go. I highly recommended that you try Ohana Cafe. (HappyCow limits veg-friendly restaurants to a maximum of a 4-star rating so a 4-star rating will have to do.)

Pros: friendly staff, unique atmosphere, excellent food

great atmosphere - Edit

this place is a jewel. the customer service was amazing, teresa is awesome! i had the falafel and lomi lomi and it was yummy. my husband had the vegan pizza. we look forward to our next visit! i would give it 5 cows but it won't let me.

Pros: friendly staff, prices are good , excellent food

Cons: none

Absolutely amazing! - Edit

This restaurant is one of my all-time favorites, anywhere. The food is incredible, simple, healthy and fresh, with more vegan lunch options than most places have. The location is very beautiful, and the people are so delightful! Service can be a little slow when they are busy, but they admit they are on "Island Time" and need time to prepare your food with love...and they do prepare with love, every time!

Pros: Excellent, healthy, fresh food!, Delightful staff. Beautiful setting. , Awesome vegan lunch options!

Cons: Service can be slow when they are busy., Only one vegan breakfast item.

The Ohana Cafe - Edit

If you live nearby Ozona, you MUST try the Ohana Cafe! The warm greeting is like nothing you've ever experienced before in a restaurant. All the food is homemade in house. Soups are so uniquely creative. Everything I've ordered screams freshness and flavor! If I could afford to eat out every day, Ohana Cafe is where I'd go. I don't know why I can't rate Ohana five cows. I'm a vegetarian and most of the menu selections are vegetarian/vegan!

Pros: excellent food, warm atmosphere, quaint location

Return to Ozona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ohana Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2300 times since Nov 2010.