Nucleus Raw Foods

Contact 570-569-2139

63 Main St (at Buckingham St), Luzerne, Pennsylvania, USA, 18709

A 100% vegan/raw/organic restaurant prepares live, natural food at gentle temperatures. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:30pm. Actual time of open is 7:35am, and closes at 7:35pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by drummergirl

Just awesome. - Edit

Yes this is indeed the best place in Luzerne county if your looking for a healthy vitamin packed meal. It's raw vegan which makes this even more fantastic.
Beautiful dining area and friendly staff.
Portion sizes are slightly smaller than area competitors for the price paid, but the art and love that goes into every visually stunning hand crafted meal makes everything totally worth the visit.

A poor dining experience - Edit

The service was great! The people were friendly! The drinks in the fridge were past their sell by date and my main course had a tiny little creepy crawly in it that made the whole experience a downer.

5+ stars - Edit

One of the few healthy vegan options in the back mountain, AND the only raw option to my knowledge. All the smoothies are so delicious along with everything else as well. Dan, Kamri and all the other workers are so kind and I always look forward talking to them when I go in! I suggest eating there and reading a little bit from the selection of books they have. If you aren't used to raw foods it will be different and maybe even strange for you but never disappointing. Be curious!! Try raw!!

a vegan gem in NEPA - Edit

This place is the absolute best. Dan & all the workers are so unbelievably friendly. Whenever I visit I am always greeted with a smile and sometimes even a story! My girlfriend and I stopped by one morning for juices before a long hike in Jim Thorpe & Kamri was telling us all about her trip that upcoming weekend. The friendliness really only makes this place better! The food is AMAZING. If you are hesitant to try raw, vegan food hesitate no more because you will fall in love. This is by far my absolute favorite restaurant, not only in NEPA, but ever that I have visited and I have been to many in bigger cities like Philly & NYC. Keep up the good work guys! You guys are doing awesome!!

Pros: everything, seriously!

Cons: nothing, seriously!

Amazing - Edit

Atmosphere is terrific, relaxing and comfortable. The food was amazing in my opinion, and the owner took time to talk about what and how the food is prepared.

Updated from previous review on Monday May 09, 2016

Pros: Friendly staff, Very tasty and healthy vegan food

Cons: Cozy dining area, Hard to find, very small sign, Limited street parking

Wonderful healthy food - Edit

Only 6 or 7 minutes off I-81, it is well worth the detour! Great recipes prepared lovingly. All food is vegan, raw, gluten-free and organic. Spaghetti with "meat" balls, crab cakes (faux tuna), salads were.all good. My fave was the lasagna. And the smoothies were really good too. Kale chips and Wheatless bread are sold to go, welcome addition to my pantry.

Pros: Healthy lo-cal food, Very tasty too, good value

Cons: a little hard to find, tiny sign

NEPA's gem-- must check it out - Edit

The food is creative and outstanding. A HUGE gem in the area. If you're visiting and into this kind of thing, make your way here and you won't be sorry. Aside from the amazing menu, Dan (owner) is one of the most humble, sweet, and knowledgeable business owners around. All in all this place is a favorite of many.

FAVORITE! - Edit

Nucleus is amazing. I love this place! The food is so fresh, creative, and delicious...100% raw and vegan. The staff is incredibly kind and caring. This is the kind of small/independent business that I want to support. All vegan would love Nucleus, but I know meat-eaters who enjoy the food too! The entrees, desserts, snacks, and smoothies are all equally amazing; you can't go wrong with anything! Plus, the prices are inexpensive, but the quality is outstanding. I recommend Nucleus to everyone and anyone. Try the mushroom bread!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Small/cute atmosphere

Return to Luzerne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nucleus Raw Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.