First Review by SarahBaker

Can't get everything but I still love it - Edit

I used to do a Park+Vine (vegan store in Cincinnati) stand at this market a few years ago and then I didn't go back but this past summer I made it a point to go because it's a farmer's market and I like the sense of community there. As time goes on the vendors vary. This year I was interested in the mushrooms, street pops popsicles, blueberres, vegan baked goods and Fab Ferments kombucha. So for me I didn't do much actual grocery shopping here. These are actual farms selling their food and sometimes there just wasn't enough of what I needed or I could get it cheaper at Findlay Market which is closer to my house.
It's in Hoffner Park in Northside which is mostly considered the hippy part of Cincinnati.

A really cool part is that it's near some other vegan friendly establishments so sometimes me and a friend would eat lunch and then come over and do some shopping.

The vegan (only all vegan at the market!) bakery there is so good. It's called Bluebird Bakery and the chocolate chip cookies are delicious. I think some were organic and gluten-free.

Street pops is a local popsicle vendor and on hot days I usually grabbed one. Their flavors really pop and they're all natural with no weird ingredients.

Fab Ferments has the tastiest kombucha in town. It is made in Cincinnati by two awesome people named Jen and Jordan.

I definitely recommend visiting Northside Farmer's Market to score some one of a kind treats. And don't get me wrong I still got veggies when I went as well just not enough for the whole week maybe just some items from my list.

Pros: Community-Oriented, vegan baked goods, kombucha and popsicles

Cons: Not enough food, Barely any hot food vendors w vegan food

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Northside Farmers Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 519 times since Jun 2012.