American
Delivery
Take-out
Catering
Gluten-free

Branch of a US-based vegan, non-GMO, and organic burger chain. Serves vegan burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, shakes, and fries. Offers gluten-free options and transparent labeling of allergens, calories, and protein. Uses compostable packaging. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by GoblinQueen

missmuffcake

Points +1147

18 Feb 2024

Very expensive - sucky service

This place has really improved over the last year. The food, quality and customer service has gone up greatly so I had to change my review!

The new app has good rewards! Free shakes! Yes please!

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-23

Pros: Great shakes , Onion rings , Rewards

DavidC2121

Points +84

22 Jan 2024

Not Bad

I got the signature burger and cesear salad. With all the great reviews, I was expecting to be blown away. It wasn't bad, but nothing super memorable either.

PrettyWToney

Points +75

Vegetarian
29 Dec 2023

American Chzburger doesn’t Disappoint

Great customer service, very clean location, quick service. #Veganuary

Atsirk

Points +82

07 Nov 2023

Amazing service

We loved our stop at next level! Burgers are delicious and all the yummy sauces. Milkshakes were soooo good 🥰
All in all, we will be back!

It's kind of inside the whole foods and not very big. But there's outdoor seating.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-05

Pros: Burgers , Milkshakes, Service

Cons: Pricey

Lihnora

Points +40

09 Jul 2023

Amazing vegan burgers!

I got the ghost pepper popper burger, classic fries, spicy ranch, and a chocolate chip cookie dough shake. Everything tasted amazing! One of the best vegan burgers I've ever had. Friendly, helpful, and quick service as well.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-02

Pros: Amazing food, Amazing service

TanyaL

Points +104

13 Feb 2023

Signature Burger was great!!!

Very accommodating and knowledgeable stadd

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Shakes were delicious, Made signature burger w/o oil on request

heatherbivore

Points +59

30 Sep 2022

A regular spot

I love this place & order frequently. Food is aways great & there is good variety, although I wish there were (more) desert options. I especially love the Caesar salad with breaded chickn, it is a fully loaded salad! I always order extra sauces too so I can make my food at home even better. The only criticism I have is that the portions are small for the price.

Pros: variety, delicious , all vegan

Cons: small portions, expensive, no desserts

immallama

Points +269

13 Sep 2022

Good Food

Milkshake was amazing! Burger was good.

Cons: Meals don’t come with fries

CaffeinatedYeeHaw

Points +26

07 Sep 2022

I love this place.

Everything on the menu is vegan, I take my non vegan friends here often and they always enjoy the food. Attached to Whole Foods, lines move fast. Everything on the menu is rad. Some of the better vegan milkshakes I’ve had.

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-07

Pros: Everything is vegan

Cons: Can be a little pricey

SarahS88

Points +1750

14 Aug 2022

Fav Spot in Concord

We come here whenever we are in Concord! Delicious burgers and fries and you can pick soy or coconut for shakes!

23amandamarie

Points +24

04 Feb 2022

My new fave!

I love the food here & so does my kiddo (she's very picky so that's really saying something). The staff however, are something else. There's one girl that works the counter (I suck at names) that always has her hair in a beanie and she is the kindest person! Her and the chik'n burger with Buffalo sauce keeps me coming back 😊 #Veganuary

Updated from previous review on 2022-02-04

Pros: The whole menu is vegan! Woo hoo for easy ordering, The staff is beyond amazing!, I love the chik'n burger & my kiddo loves the nugs

Cons: A bit pricey, but to be expected, and worth it!

vtating23

Points +30

27 Nov 2021

Amazing!!

Love coming here when I am in the area.

Updated from previous review on 2021-11-27

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Far from home

FranciscaLanderos

Points +52

27 Nov 2021

Next Level is yummy

We go here often for fun fast food options. I like the salads too.

LauraDreisbach

Points +143

25 Nov 2021

Great for a quick dinner

Disclaimer: I know none of this stuff is healthy, I'm reviewing taste only. I've been here easily 5 times and have tried both the "chicken" and "beef" and absolutely love all of it. Their shakes are a must try, super creamy and customizable. I really recommend the tempeh bacon and their carmelized onions, so good!

Pros: All plant based, Large portions, Cheese actually melts

Cons: Pricey, Shakes are a tad small

JKay

Points +130

Vegetarian
31 Oct 2021

Fast food that doesn’t give you indigestion! (5/5 Green Stars)

On the downside – the items (e.g., fries) are not dripping in fat. On the plus side, the items are not dripping in fat! It may take a while to get used to the healthier version of fast food, but think of it this way – it’s actually nourishing your body instead of poisoning it. The signature burger, made from organic quinoa and mushrooms is so much better for you than a burger made from meat. Same deal for the planet, with organic and 100% plant-based ingredients.

I’m giving Next Level Burger 5/5 Green Stars for social and environmental impact for the following reasons:

• 100% plant-based. Obvious major benefits to animals, society and the planet.
• Organic ingredients. Again, benefits to the planet and society.
• All packaging, down to the straws, is compostable. That’s the best way to manage the waste stream for this kind of restaurant.
• Next Level has supported groups like BLM and Covid healthcare workers.
• Founders advocate for plant-based food to deal with climate.

Pros: 100% vegan, Organicn ingredients, All packaing is compostable

Cons: Not as indulgently fatty and salty as fast food

Djo

Points +124

23 Sep 2021

My go-to vegan burger joint

Closest vegan fast-food style restaurant to Vallejo CA. Delicious food, semi-healthy with gluten free buns and baked fries options. Also has two salad options which are very tasty and the shakes are excellent with a special shake flavor usually.

Pros: 100% vegan, Delicious food , Easy and fast

Cons: A little pricey but worth it

fondducoeur

Points +1167

26 Jul 2021

Excellent Vegan Fast Food

I have been traveling to the Concord area for work lately and am so happy to have Next Level Burger. So far I've had the the Bacon Ranch CluckWhich, the SoCal Burger, sweet potato fries, and a pb choc. chip shake. They are open later than other options in the area (10 PM) and the staff has been very friendly, even when I showed up close to closing time.

Next Level Burger will continue to be a treat when in the Concord area.

Pros: All Vegan fast food, Big Menu, Shakes!

GreenGiant69

Points +35

08 Apr 2021

Fantastic

Got the basic impossible cheeseburger and a coconut vanilla shake. Hands down, one of the best burgers and shakes I’ve ever had, vegan or not!

swedash

Points +1677

08 Feb 2021

Quick and tasty!

Fantastic food! Made a great road-trip stop for vegans.

Pros: App ordering , Super good , Made quick

crow610

Points +357

02 Jan 2021

Epic burgers!

One of my favorite burger places. Lots of burger options and yummy milkshakes!

villain

Points +6967

25 Sep 2020

Best vegan junk food

The best place I've ever eaten for a comfort meal. Delicious milkshakes, big burgers, yummy fries.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Literally no cons

robfdilla

Points +531

28 Feb 2020

It Was Tasty.

My legit first 4 stars review. Next Level was good, legitimately tasty like a real burger and hot dog. But price point and portion size probably takes a -1 star dip on the rating. The meal in the picture was over $20 , roughly almost $30. But definitely the flavor is 5 stars.

vegangrocerygrabs

Points +1457

18 Jan 2020

The Best!! ❤️

Overall, a great vegan joint! The location is a bit odd being in a Whole Foods and feels a little cramped, but they have ample indoor and outdoor seating. The food is quite pricey, however it is absolutely delicious (and the shakes are a must)!

Pros: All vegan! , Delicious!, Vegan Milkshakes 😍

Cons: Expensive, Weird seating arrangements, Long wait times (during busy hours)

mymagicjourney

Points +737

17 Jan 2020

Heavenly

Everything is incredible. A bit expensive but SO worth it! I’m glad I don’t live closer or my wallet would be suffering from visiting too often!

veganpatch

Points +5252

30 Sep 2019

Great Vegan Burger Restaurant

We were really excited to try this vegan fast food restaurant.

$7.95 Brownie Explosion Milkshake: Pretty good. We liked the brownie and chocolate pieces. We'd get again. The price for the milkshake was surprisingly reasonable. We split the milkshake and still had some left.

$8.95 Pumpkin Burger: Really delicious. We've had several vegan burgers but really liked this one.

$9.95 Garden Dog: Really good flavor. We love the beyond braut.

$7.95 Chili Cheese Style Fries: We were surprised by the large size of the order. We really enjoyed these.

$8.95 Anytime Breakfast Burger: Probably one of the best breakfast sandwiches we have had. The sauce, cheese, egg and even the tomato all blended really well together. We wish we would have gotten two!

We really liked the vegan cheese and vegan sauces at this vegan restaurant. We definitely want to return.

The restaurant is attached to a whole foods. We ordered on the restaurant's app. The food came out timely however parking was a nightmare. It was around 7pm on a Saturday. We went back around 9:30pm on a Sunday and there was plenty of parking space.

All to go packaging is compostable including the straw.

Pros: Great vegan cheese, sauces and milkshakes, Fast service , Compostable to go containers including straw

Cons: Parking on Saturday nights

NaturalLifestyleGal

Points +30

22 Sep 2019

Plantbased! ❤️

Love this place, all the food tastes so good!

Pros: All plant based food, Tastes delicious, Love!!!!!!

Kiwi-Vegan

Points +40

15 Sep 2019

Vegan Paradise!

Amazing vegan burgers, hot dogs and salads, not to mention incredible “milk” shakes. Can’t wait until more stores arrive in the Bay Area. Friendly and helpful staff.

Pros: 100 % plant based, All organic , Non GMO