New Moon VT

Contact 802-383-1505

150 Cherry St, Burlington, Vermont, USA, 05401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers also a vegan menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts (including cupcakes) that was created by a vegan. See website for menu. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-8:30pm, Sun 8:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Mediterranean, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by olivia green

great lunch spot - Edit

We had a great lunch at New Moon. We ordered a few vegan sandwiches. All were great versions of classic sandwiches. We also had some interesting smoothies which were delicious. There were plenty of vegan dessert options including 4 vegan mini cupcakes and vegan chocolate bars.

New Moon VT - Edit

Despite New Moon's self-promo, the vegan sandwich menu is not very extensive, nor is it particularly creative. But that's secondary. What is particularly troubling is that if you request your vegan sandwich heated or grilled it will be cooked on the same grill used to cook meat--which means your vegan sandwich is no longer vegan. The staff did not offer that bit of information; it was only when I asked where it would be grilled, and if there is a dedicated vegan grill, that I found out that meat sandwiches and "vegan" sandwiches are co-mingled. Be forewarned.

Nice lunch spot - Edit

My BF and I popped in here for lunch on the way to Canada. They have a separate full vegan menu with lots of options. You can also pick from their ingredients to build your own sandwich. They have seitan and tofu for vegan protein. Many of the cookies and cupcakes were vegan (some even gluten-free) as well.

We ordered the vegan delight sandwich and the protein powerhouse salad to share. The sandwich was nicely pressed, all warm and toasty, and was delicious. The salad was good too-balanced with lots of healthy fats. All the ingredients seemed high quality and tasted very fresh.

The staff were really friendly people. They even gave me a $5 gift card just because I didn't want a brown rice substitution and opted to wait for the quinoa to be cooked for my salad (which they said would probably take 15 minutes but in reality it was more like 10). I didn't expect any restaurant to be so customer-oriendted in this day and age. With the extra $5 to burn, my BF got a coffee and a vegan gluten-free cherry chocolate cookie to go. While he raved about the cookie, I found it too sweet and greasy for my taste. That being said, we very much enjoyed our lunch as a whole. This place proved to be a great stopover.

Pros: friendly staff, good food

Great food and great atmosphere - Edit

Just off Church Street, this trendy cafe offers vegan and veggie options. We wanted a light lunch so the two of us shared a medium "build your own" salad. I know it seems like a simple dish to rave about, but their salad bar is quite extensive. You can ask to add ingredients from the sandwich bar, such as grilled veggies and hummus. Their chai latte is delicious, however I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have almond milk (they do have soy).

The back room has a comfortable gallery feel with the work of local artists hanging on the walls. It seemed like a good spot to study, grab a quick bite or chat over coffee.

Pros: Customizable menu, Friendly staff, Lots of seating

Cons: Limited non-dairy milk options

†asty food i can trust - Edit

When I eat at New Moon I feel like I'm eating at home, except they're much better cooks than I am! The thing is, I trust the food. The spinach and field greens in the salads are organic. The chickens in the sandwiches and soups are local and free-range. A lot of restaurants serve pre-prepared food that they just heat up. New Moon cooks and bakes everything right upstairs in their kitchen. Some days I like to eat vegan, and they have a complete vegan menu. These menu items are filling. Even the salads have protein. My daughter is gluten-free, and she has plenty of choices at New Moon. They'll make any of their sandwiches with gluten-free bread that tastes like real bread! And I'm totally addicted to the Hazelnut Heaven gluten-free cupcake. I eat in or take out from New Moon every day, sometimes twice a day.

Pros: great food, charming staff, comfy atmosphere

New Moon, new Vegan destination in Burlington - Edit

In visiting Burlington VT, I discovered a new vegan destination, which is also an amazing Euro-style coffee shop. They offer a complete vegan menu with breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as 6 flavors of house-made organic vegan cupcakes! Wow!

Every item on the full vegan menu is substantial and nutritious. Vegan salads, soups, and most sandwiches include some form of protein. And flax oil is the beneficial oil of choice.

I ordered The Macro Bowl. Based on macrobiotics, it strives for nutritional balance, with a little bit of several wonderful tastes and textures in one colorful bowl. The house-made Maple-Tahini dressing is outstanding.

I topped it off with a vegan glorious morning muffin, a dense carrot cake muffin, full of raisins and pecans...

I couldn't resist taking home two Green Machine cupcakes, a matcha green tea cupcake with lemon avocado frosting.

Each item was spectacular and I will definitely be back, next time I'm in town

Pros: fabulous food, lots of fresh, localocal, great atmosphere

Return to Burlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New Moon VT closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3289 times since Jun 2012.