First Review by davecorcra

Wholefood pioneer that's still going strong - Edit

Located a short skip from the Greystones DART station, Nature's Gold has impressed me on recent visits to the town for the sheer range of produce they carry. Kudos, too, for being one of Ireland's wholefood pioneers - this shop has been operating since 1977.

Don't be deceived as to what's on offer when you first step inside - there's a further back room area not immediately apparent that makes for a lot of shelf space overall. The stock is very comprehensive and I found several items available that I hadn't seen elsewhere. Organic wholefoods are bountiful, of course, and the range of personal care products is also impressive. Happily, while supplements are offered, they don't dominate, as with some health 'food' shops where actual food appears secondary.

The premises are well presented and the stock is well-maintained, giving a strong impression that the owners and staff take a lot of pride in the shop. I found the pricing very good and the service friendly and helpful.

Were I local, I'd be a regular. Instead, the prospect of taking in Nature's Gold, picking up fresh veg at the Happy Pear, then heading upstairs there for a relaxed meal seem like ample reason venture over from Dublin as frequently as life allows.

Pros: Well-stocked, Good value, Convenient location

Return to Greystones Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Gold closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 834 times since Aug 2011.