Nature Vegetarian Food

Contact 04-5604567

519 High Street, Lower Hutt, New Zealand,

Varied menu offering curries, veggie-chicken nuggets, and more. Accepts cash and Eftpos. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Malaysian

First Review by veganlocoengineer

Hardcore meat eaters were converted after leaving this place! - Edit

Approx 95% of this menu is vegan and it is 100% delicious!
It's a simple no frills eatery, but the gorgeous food and attentive service and recommendations by the owner more than makes up for the surroundings.
I went with sceptical hard core meat eaters - one of which was so worried before hand, he had already planned a pizza stop on the way home! But by the time we left he was in love with the food and was heard saying he would go vegan if he could eat like that every day! We all left full and very happy.
I Cannot recommend this place highly enough!

Pros: An ALMOST 100% vegan MENU (all vegan items listed

Cons: If your eating in, expect plastic tables and stool

Almost vegan - Edit

Other than about 1 dish that has egg in, everything else is vegan.
Very friendly service, extremely tasty, decent portion sizes.
The curry soup was similar to Laksa from Aunty Meena's but had different veg in.
Thai fried noodles were pretty good too.

Pros: friendly service, dish size reflects price m, flavoursome

Cons: one dish away from being completely cruelty free

Great food and service - Edit

Went here for lunch a wee while ago and really enjoyed it. The food is really nice and fresh and the guy who runs it is really friendly, I was the only diner at the time and had a nice chat with him while enjoying my meal.

If you're out in the Hutt and looking for some quality veg food, I'd recommend this place.

Delicious Asian vegan food - Edit

I popped in for a quick workday lunch and I can't wait to return. Almost everything is vegan, and it's a long menu which is very exciting! I had the rendang with steam buns, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The staff are lovely and helpful, and the environment is kind of like a mini diner. The place was starting to get full when I was leaving. They do dinner hours too. I'll be back!!

Pros: An extensive vegan menu.

Favourite Vegetarian Restaurant in gtr Wellington - Edit

Pleasant restaurant with wide selection of mostly Chinese style vegetarian food, mostly vegan, many fake meat style. Happy staff and consistently good quality meals for many years now. Prices are now a little higher with mains $13 to $17.

Nature Vegetarian Foods - Edit

Me and my partner go to nature vegetarian at least once a week its the best local vegan food we have found. although they do have a few dishes which contain egg.
I have a friend who knows the people who run it and am told they only serve products they feel have come from an ethical origin.
the first time i went here years ago with my mother i found the food good but the mock meat a little "too real" for my liking. but in the last year i have become a weekly regular with my partner. the family who run it are always friendly and recognize us each time we visit. i would consider the food a little on the expensive side most mains being around the $17 mark but are always worth it as i never feel disappointed. the dining area is small however i generally order ahead to takeaway so this doesn't bother me at all.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 05, 2010

Pros: vegan friendly, delicious food, very friendly staff

Cons: no soy milk

Excellent - Edit

On the map, this looks like a long way from Wellington, but it was less than a 20 minute drive (it often takes that long to go a few blocks in Sydney!)

This was a really sweet, quiet little place. I was so impressed by the cleanliness. The food was lovely. The entree nuggets were tender and melt in the mouth. I don't think they were made on the premises though, as we got the exact same ones the next day at another restaurant! I would still order them though, they were scrumptious.

The soy chicken was also really nice. I particularly appreciated that the lemon sauce was provided on the side in a bowl, enabling you to apply as much or as little as liked. As lemon sauce can sometimes be cloying, this is a very thoughtful way to serve it. In this case, the sauce wasn't too sweet and didn't have the suspicious yellow colour you sometimes get. Our veggies were fresh, cooked al dente and mildly flavoured enough to complement any dish.

After ordering, I read a review on the wall which raved about their not-beef rendang. If they had been open the next day, I would have gone back to try it.

The staff member was very attentive, regularly refilling our tea pot so the tea didn't get too strong.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Tasty fresh lovely food, Amazingly clean, Quiet, calm vibe

Cons: No dessert!

Love Natures?? - Edit

This is THE place to get honest home cooked Asian styled cooking. Everyone's perception of an amazing meal is different. For me, this is a place where omnivores, vegetarians and vegans can enjoy foods they are in tune with AND where Meatlovers can try something 'meaty but meatless' and not feel unfulfilled and often are pleasantly surprised!

I first came here a serious meatlover. My partner and I have now chosen the lifestyle of a vegetarian 6 months ago and still going because this sweet little shop has made us realise that we can make a huge change without feeling like something is missing in our lives.

A head's up, the Tom Yum Soup is to die for if you like hot food! Also the Steamed Buns are an awesome treat as are the Oyster Mushrooms! You need to go a few times and try different things to know what suites your tastes, but to me thats part of the experience :)

I will never forget the humble nature in which these people are, so much so, the first day my partner and I made the change to vege we went in and told them and they chose to start cooking classes up for us and a few others to help us on our journey. Now we cook better than we ever did and as a person who never cared for much more past broccoli, cauli and carrot, my fridge has taken a serious turn for the better!

I have no 'cons' to say about this team, this is a humble family run business that cook beautifully and consistently amazing food. So I don't feel the need to add Pro's when I have no Con's

Love Natures... hell yes!
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 17, 2013

Loads of choice but somewhat underwhelming - Edit

Loads of choice and tasty food, but there is too much reliance on mystery TVP protein for my preference. It seems to be added to everything.

Pros: Lovely staff, Loads of choice, Kid friendly

Cons: Lacking in ambience, Uncomfortable seating, Out of the way

Delicious - Edit

Physical restaurant wasn't what I'd expected - tiny place, with little tables crowded in (even then it was maybe only 6 tables)& stools..but.... the food exceeded all my expectations..delicious, flavoursome...good range of vegan food..hard to decide what to eat.Loved it,and my meat eating husband who I usually have to drag into any vege places left saying it was one of the best places he had eaten.. looking forward to lots more visits.

Pros: fantastic food

Cons: small space

Yum Yum Yum - Edit

I've been here three times now and every single time I've been wowed by the delicious food. I've taken vegans, veges and omnis there and they've all loved it. The menu is largely vegan with vegan options for most of the dishes. All the vegan food is clearly marked.

I especially recommend the wonton soup. Which I intend to have every time. It's so good!

The staff are also lovely and helpful. It's family run.

This is my favourite Wellington restaurant.

Pros: Fantastic food, Great Service

Cons: A little cold, Not central to Wellington at all

Lots of choice for vegans - Edit

I was impressed at the choice for vegans on the menu. The service is impeccable and the food tastes really nice. Unfortunately for this vegan, the mock meat was just a little bit too realistic. I couldn't finish my "chicken" noodle soup because the pieces of mock meat freaked me out. I just don't miss the taste or texture of meat like some others might. But it is a personal thing and lots of others rave about this place. We did tell the owner that the mock meat weirded us out and he said that next time he would cut it up smaller for us so it just looked like tofu!

Would recommend this place if you are taking omnis out and want to take them somewhere that they can get something familiar.

Yep, i was well impressed with this place. I discovered it on this site and went there the other night for the first time. It is so nicely decorated, clean and welcoming with a relaxed atmosphere. The guy who took our orders made a few recommendations-he was spot-on-our meal was absolutely delicious. I reckon this is the kind of place you could take anyone who likes asian food and they would be happy with it. I will definitely be going to Nature on a regular basis now. What a find!!!

Pros: fantastic food, cheap, lovely service & surroundings

Cons: Not open sunday

Return to Lower Hutt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2319 times since Aug 2007.