Nana Falafel & Juice Bar

+506-40340364

Av 7, Calle 62A, Mata Redonda, San Jose, Costa Rica

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a salad bar and a juice bar with lots of clearly labeled vegan choices (and gluten free items such as buns & pancakes). Vegans can order cupcakes, ice cream made with coconut milk, organic chocolate, coffee, juices, ice tea, smoothies and many more. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Juice bar, Delivery, Bakery, Middle Eastern, Israeli, Non-veg

First Review by cocoholic

Affordable & delicious! - Edit

I highly recommend this restaurant. We ate at Nana's three times during our short stay in San Jose.

The owner, Marco, speaks fluent English and is passionate about making vegan food. Just let Marco know that you're looking for vegan options and he'll make recommendations (on and off the menu). My personal recommendation is the Falafel Plate & Tapas.

The smoothies are all vegan, made fresh on the premises, and served in glass bottles. I ordered the berry smoothie and it was delicious.

The restaurant is cute, comfortable, and clean. I'll definitely come back the next time I visit San Jose.

Nice humous but not that much vegan - Edit

Can you actually remove "juice bar" from their description because they don't make fresh juice only sell some bottled juice. Their vegan humous tasted great, but it's not necessarily a place I would list here since they sell egg, chicken, etc. Choice of smoothies also small.

Pros: Nice design, Clean toilets

Cons: location a bit off everything, not worth to drive , vegan choice not that much

NanaFalafel 07 Feb 2018 - Thank you for the feedback. all the bottled juices that we have are juice we make freshly everyday at Nana. No sugar added. the place is vegan friendly but not vegan (yet) that is true. My vision, as vegetarian, is that the place would be vegan one day, but still not popular around here in Costa Rica :)

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nana Falafel & Juice Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.