Namaste Nepal Restaurant

• ( 16 reviews )

2692 Highway 50, Grand Junction, Colorado, USA, 81503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened Jan 2015, this is a family-run Nepali restaurant also serves Indian and Tibetan cuisine. Large menu with some vegetarian dishes and several are vegan suitable - ask. Uses margarine instead of butter in cooking. Daily lunch buffet. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Nepalese, Tibetan, Non-veg

First Review by aeneas1948

blytheowens

Points +41

07 Sep 2021

Love this place!

Wonderful dinner, so glad they were open on Labor Day.

Pros: Vegan items clearly marked on menu, Father and Daughter team are exceptionally nice, Food was amazing!

JoannaEarich

Points +155

13 Jun 2021

Would give 5 stars if I could!

I live the options here and the staff. They will let you know what is vegan and what isn't. One of the few places in town that has so many vegan options even when doing the Buffet. Half of it was vegan!

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Accommodating staff. , Great food

divulged

Points +24

19 Apr 2021

Vegan dumplings

Many vegan options, including dumplings and paratha. Vegan clearly labeled as stars on the menu at the restaurant.

AlexRuppe

Points +30

29 Jan 2021

Great place with many vegan and vegetarian options

Namaste provides at least a dozen or so vegan options and more vegetarian options. The food they prepare is amazing and it is crave-worthy. Spinach naan, aloo dum, vegetable biryani are just a few of our regular favorites. Keep up the excellent work!

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian options, Overly friendly staff, Food quality

jchongster

Points +138

11 Sep 2020

Excellent!

On a road trip from Portland OR. This was a great stop for supper. We ordered the pakoras, momos, biryani, mutter, and spinach paratha. It was all delicious. Waitstaff were very friendly. We also appreciated their attentiveness to covid safety: temp check at the door, masks on when not eating, distanced seating, and after you leave, they spray down the plates and tables as part of the table clearing process.

Pros: Good vegan options, Friendly waitstaff, Attention to covid safety

Cons: In a more run-down part of town

bigtedred

Points +13

Vegetarian
28 Jan 2020

A Gem of Nepal Cuisine

This review is for the dinner menu. We have not tried the lunch buffet. We have eaten at dozens of restaurants in Nepal and quite a few in the US. Namaste ranks with some of the best in Nepal and is by far the best in our US experience. As with most Nepalese restaurants, they are very respectful of vegetarians, unlike, for example, Thai restaurants.

Dal (Lentil Soup) is the national dish of Nepal and honestly is usually boring but nourishing. Here it actually had character. The Momos are juicy. Fortunately, ten come per order because you will have to share. I forgot to note the name of the coconut based dish I had but it was amazing!

Pros: Plenty of Vegan and Vegetarian choices, Authentic Nepalese , Very flavorful and distinctive

CierraLeVan

Points +64

10 Feb 2019

Excellent vegan curries

Went here over my lunch break on a Sunday, got a potato cauliflower curry which was clearly documented as vegan and gluten free (I am not gf, but the label was there). This dish was delicious, it comes with basmati rice. I don’t know much about Indian food, so I don’t know if the traditions, but the rice came on a plate with 3 other little flavor sauces. One of them seemed to be creamy, so I stayed away from all the sauces because I didn’t know what they were, but my main dish and the rice were excellent.

There is PLENTY in a serving, this is a great meal for sharing.

Pros: Lots of vegan and veg choices, Labels on which options are vegan, gf or veg

talawar

Points +57

09 Feb 2019

Great Food and Vegan Options

This is our second time here. I love the food and the vegan options are clearly marked. This time the service was rather slow, but it was packed so it was understandable.

This will be a regular stop for us when we visit Grand Junction.

Redheaded Vegan

Points +390

22 Aug 2018

Delicious!

Stopped in here to eat about 45 minutes before they closed and they were as warm and welcoming as if I'd come in the middle of the day.

Both of the folks working were lovely, and there was even a young girl (presumably someone's daughter) who I had a lovely little conversation with. The restaurant has a family atmosphere. Not sure if the folks working were related but it feels like everyone truly cares.

The food was yummy. Their menu is clearly marked with vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, which is extremely helpful.

I would highly recommend it and will return next time I find myself in Grand Junction.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Service, Options Clearly Outlined on Menu

Astrid_Maine

Points +181

03 Jun 2018

Great vegan thali

We read the other reviews and decided to try the vegan version of the thali. Very flavorful and as noted by other reviewers, clearly marked vegan items with an asterisk. Two items in the veggie thali are not vegan so we got to choose and were very happy with the dumplings and the okra curry. Excellent! Only drawback: they had run out of vegan dessert...

Pros: Many clearly marked vegan options , Nice staff

nolson

Points +44

24 May 2018

Great restaurant

Food was very good. Vegan options are notated. I would definitely come back on my next visit to Grand Junction.

slvruncrn27

Points +65

30 Apr 2018

Wish Happy Cow would let me give 5 stars!

Sooooo many vegan options! I got Vegetable Thali and substituted two vegan items for the non-vegans ones. They state this on their menu as an option which is super convenient so I don't have to feel weird asking for substitutes or limititing yourself to only trying one of their various vegan entrees. Great place for a meal when traveling through Grand Junction and not wanting to eat at a chain.

Pros: vegan options galore, great flavor, large portions

Cons: service could be better

DeeMouse6

Points +16

18 May 2017

One of my Favorite Restaurants ... Ever!

I first ate at Namaste Nepal just a few weeks after they opened & was sold! My husband & I continue to eat here on a regular basis. The food is fabulous & the staff extremely accommodating. Our local Vegan Life Colorado frequently plans our monthly luncheons at Namaste Nepal, & the staff bends over backwards to make each of those luncheons a pleasant experience for all. My daughter (a vegetarian) told me, as a general rule, she does not care for Indian food. After persuading her to just try this restaurant once, she succumbed & it has now become one of her favorite places to eat, as well. My young grandchildren are also vegetarian & were able to find plenty of food they loved that filled them up. Namaste Nepal offers a very affordable all-you-can-eat lunch buffet 7 days a week with several vegetarian & vegan items included. Even though there are plenty of meat dishes on the menu, vegetarian dishes are clearly marked & the owners & staff will gladly veganize them for you. In addition to their extensive food menu, they also offer wine, beer & other spirits to accompany one's meal. If you have not yet eaten at Namaste Nepal on Orchard Mesa, you are missing out!

Pros: Excellent food & alcohol available, if desired, Will gladly veganize items on their menu, Good value & accommodating staff

Cons: Can't think of any, offhand

aeneas1948

Points +36

27 Jan 2017

Namaste still a winner

Namaste Nepal has now been open for 2 years and has many local fans and a steady stream of interstate and international travelers that drop down from I-70, as Grand Junction is halfway between Denver and Salt Lake City. I usually eat here weekly and our local vegan group, Vegan Life Colorado, routinely schedules group luncheons here. There are 29 items on the menu that are marked with a star as vegan or that can be veganized upon request. No other restaurant in town offers so many vegan choices. The quality of the food is quite good and the service is impeccable. The restaurant is always clean and tidy. The daily lunch buffet is a great deal and you can order off the menu at any time. The Thapa family is very friendly and accommodating to vegan diners.

Updated from previous review on 2015-12-11

Pros: Delicious, authentic food, Great service, Family owned and run

nico.stubler

Points +465

25 Aug 2016

PHENOMENAL!!

Undoubtedly my favorite restaurant in GJ. While the presence of meat is a bummer, the vegan selection is quite extensive. The food is delicious, portions LARGE, and the staff are truly incredible - they are always extremely helpful, nice, and humble. You can't beat it.

Superveganmom

Points +49

11 Jul 2016

love or hate it

I have heard many good things about this restaurant. We decided to try it and I was not that impressed. My son is allergic to dairy and eggs and even though we were told items did not contain those items, he had an allergic reaction while we were there. I lost my appetite after that and we left. What I did get to try was very spicy and just not to my liking. Needless to say, I have not been back since. I guess to each his own.

Pros: Downtown atmosphere, Something other than salad

Cons: Dark restaurant, Skeptical on what is actually vegan after allergic

aeneas1948

06 Nov 2016

You apparently ate at Nepal Restaurant, which is downtown on Main Street. I do not like them anymore since they changed ownership. Namaste Nepal Restaurant, a different place with different owners, is located a few miles away from downtown on Orchard Mesa. Their food and service is excellent and their menu clearly identifies all vegan choices, and there are many. Please give them a try sometime. I think you will have a much better experience!

DeeMouse6

18 May 2017

I believe you ate at a different restaurant in downtown GJ with a similar name, not to be confused with Namaste Nepal, which is on Orchard Mesa, & is excellent! I believe you accidentally reviewed the downtown restaurant, giving a poor rating. I hope it won't keep people from trying this one. It is by far superior than the one downtown.

Return to Grand Junction Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Namaste Nepal Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.