Mykene

Contact 016237523

Muntstraat 44 (at Tiensestraat), Leuven, Belgium, 3000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Belgian kitchen in a cozy space with sunny terrace. Adapt its menu according to the season. Offers many vegetarian items, and staff is will to take vegan requests. Has vegan cheese. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, European, Belgian, Non-veg

First Review by Mu

Nothing special louzy service - Edit

Place was full but not packed. 3 waiters couldn't handle it, had to be called for attentian constantly. Waited 40 minutes to be served. Ordered Vegan fish : a glutonous triangle served with dry soy beans and dry rice for 18 euros. Just terrible.

Cons: Sloooow service, Bad vegan food

Good place for mixed company - Edit

As a vegan, this is the best place in the city to go with a omnivore group. They won't complain about "weird vegan food" and you'll have an awesome vegan meal.
There's a good choice of vegan options on the menu, also labeled vegan. I have not been disappointed with the options I've ordered here. The portions are also pretty big. Recently they also added some vegan dessert options to the menu. The aquafaba chocolate mousse is delicious.

Pros: Big portions, helpfull staff

Cons: More expensive but also fancier place

A nice surprise - Edit

A nice restaurant in a beautiful building ... and they have both "ovo lacto" AND "vegan" dishes on the menu. Like, several of each! (in Belgium, we call this a miracle) I had the filled potato and I really enjoyed it.

One regret: my partner had the cheap promo menu, but they could not make it vegan: so my main was more expensive than his whole menu... soooo unfair!? I wish they had at least given me a glass of "bubbles" like he received, but they didnt :(

Pros: vegan options, nice beers, nice location

Cons: can be pricey , unfair menu policy

Return to Leuven Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mykene closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.